Dual Pump return Fuel system Questions

88stangnut

Established Member
So I am planning on upgrading to a dual pump return style system when I do my TVS upgrade. My question is what is the best way for running the pumps. Either using a Dual FPDM setup, FC2 or FC3 controller, or using a Hobbs switch? Is there one thats better than the other? I've been doing some research on them and can't figure which is the best way.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I'm in the same boat I talked to TRBO VNM on here and he is a dealer for lethal and fore too, he definitely knows his stuff about 03-04 cobras, for me he decided I should do a fore level 1 kit with a fc3, I'm still saving up some money but my goal is 650 to 700 hp hope that helps

88stangnut

Established Member
Thanks! Ya my goal is 600-650hp with the upgrades, the only thing that i'm not really keen on is that with FC3 controllers is that both pumps run full time unless a hobbs switch is wired in for the second pump to turn on with boost and i have read good and bad about using a hobbs switch.

mkb116

Established Member
I'm really happy with my lethal kit. Complete minus injectors. And I'm running about 750 at the wheel with e85.

Very very easy to put in and wire.

cj428mach

Established Member
Fore stuff is top notch and worth the minor Increase in price.

The dual fpdm is if you stay returnless.

GodStang

Established Member
Why in the world would you go return style on a TVS? Huge huge waste of money. So many better things to spend your money on when you are running a small blower than a return system.

Not trying to be a jerk just want you to spend money wisely.

cj428mach

Established Member
If you have to upgrade pumps in a new hat its silly not to go return as it doesn't cost much more than returnless and has no downside to it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why in the world would you go return style on a TVS? Huge huge waste of money. So many better things to spend your money on when you are running a small blower than a return system.

Not trying to be a jerk just want you to spend money wisely.

LOL seriously? Going to a return fuel system is one of the best mods I did besides the tvs blower. Never having to worry about the pprv or the hesitation between shifts was worth it's weight in gold for me.

OP, I'm running the fc2 controller and I'm upgrading my gss342 pumps to the aem 320e. If you plan on going with a bigger fuel pump like the walbro 465's then you'll want the fc3 controller to run a hobbs switch.

88stangnut

Established Member
Thanks for all the info! yes everything i have read return style is the way to go especially if i want to make more power in the future!

TRBO VNM

OP, you have some conflicting info in your first post and I don't blame you considering all the different info out there. It can easily get confusing and cause a headache. whether you want to stay returnless or go return, if you want, give me a call or drop me a pm and I can explain anything you need to know about them and recommendations to safely support your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread