Drove the L cross country [PICS]

Derek2001

Established Member
Cool pics. How's his tranny hot? It's only 150? I've had mine get upwards of 180 in the heat and stop and go. Is that way too high or somethin?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Jon02SVT said:
I really wanted to go see crazyhorse, but it was pouring rain the whole time I was there

Jon, you really didn't miss much. My sister and her hubby and kids were travelling with us when we did the trip last year and they had seen Crazyhorse a few years ago. When we drove by it together, they said it didn't look like there had been much work done on it because it looked the same to them. We didn't even bother to take any pictures it was still so....beginning stages, ya know?

I got this picture from doing a Google search and it basically still looks a lot like this.

crazyhorse.JPG

Stewart

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Jon, you really didn't miss much. My sister and her hubby and kids were travelling with us when we did the trip last year and they had seen Crazyhorse a few years ago. When we drove by it together, they said it didn't look like there had been much work done on it because it looked the same to them. We didn't even bother to take any pictures it was still so....beginning stages, ya know?
Stewart

You are right about that one. The hotel had info about it and it was a little more completed then that pic shows. I didn't really care about seeing half completed work :shrug:

We went to the national wood carving museum nearby and that was way more interesting :coolman:

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Derek2001 said:
Cool pics. How's his tranny hot? It's only 150? I've had mine get upwards of 180 in the heat and stop and go. Is that way too high or somethin?

That pic wasn't showing off the tranny temp. 150 is normal use, 180 is as hot as it should get, 200+ is causing damage. It got over 200 two different times, when I had to leave the over drive off going up and down very steep grades. The tranny cooler did an excellent job as soon as the road leveled out and was back into overdrive for a few miles, right back to 150 :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread