Drove the L cross country [PICS]

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
I just got the chance to drive from Minneapolis to northern California the scenic route and though I would share some pics. We drove through the badlands, SD - Mount Rushmore - Yellowstone Park - Gran Teton Park - Salt Lake City - Reno (they took all my money :cryying:, but I got to see the national automobile museum :rockon: ) - Yosemite Park - and an amazing amount in between. Absolutely beautiful drive and the Lightning performed flawlessly except for the tranny getting hot a couple of times. Here are some pics of the trip:

Badlands:
LBadlands-001.gif

LBadlands-002.gif

LBadlands-003.gif

Yellowstone:
Yellowstone-001.gif

Yellowstone-002.gif

Yellowstone-003.gif

Gran Teton Mountain Range:
GranTeton-001.gif

Park-001.gif

Park-002.gif

Most relaxing view:
Driving.gif

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, mustve been a great trip to be able to see the different sites. Wish one day I could do the same. Best pic on there was the "most relaxing view."

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
B E A Uteeful!! Why'd the tranny get hot? How hot was it?

Going up and down the hills very steep hills I had to leave it in 3rd gear or I would be going to slow/fast or the auto would be constantly looking for the right gear. It cooled right off as soon as it got back into 4th for awhile.

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Post pics of the aftermath of your front bumper. I want bug shots.

Stinger2007

Established Member
hmmm

U got one hella nerve showing those kick ass, wonderful, god i'm jealous pics here..U sorry sons'a bi__ch!

seriously, i'm jealous.

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Post pics of the aftermath of your front bumper. I want bug shots.

It actually never got bad, I washed the truck everytime I saw a touchless or spray yourself wash :banana:

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Jon02SVT said:
Going up and down the hills very steep hills I had to leave it in 3rd gear or I would be going to slow/fast or the auto would be constantly looking for the right gear. It cooled right off as soon as it got back into 4th for awhile.
Were you going up them with the overdrive on? Im pretty sure if you turn the overdrive off it will not shift so much going up hills.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Very cool :thumbsup: I hope to get some cool pics when i go to Mich for the dream cruise but i dont think i will have such cool pics as you do

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Jon02SVT said:
I just got the chance to drive from Minneapolis to northern California the scenic route and though I would share some pics. We drove through the badlands, SD - Mount Rushmore - Yellowstone Park - Gran Teton Park - Salt Lake City - Reno (they took all my money :cryying:, but I got to see the national automobile museum :rockon: ) - Yosemite Park - and an amazing amount in between. Absolutely beautiful drive and the Lightning performed flawlessly except for the tranny getting hot a couple of times.

you are a lucky mofo. i did almost the same trip, but in an 81 toyota corolla sr5 station wagon. the sights were definatly worth it. did you see the crazyhorse monument? or craters of the moon np? the whole nowthwest interior is really cool!

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Those pic's are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I would love to do a cross country trip,i'd like to fly to CA. and buy a 04 Cobra and drive that baby home! :rockon: How many miles did you put on your Lightning during the trip, and how long did you take to do it with all the stopping and sightseeing?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Last year, in the wifes PSD Excursion, we did a similar trip starting in Seattle. Drove over to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, past the Grand Tetons, through Yellowstone, over to Mount Rushmore, then back to Yellowstone.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip that was magnificent!

Tell me bud, when you saw the Grand Tetons, didn't your jaw drop at the beauty? I know mine did!

And while we camp in Yosemite every year, seeing the type of rivers in Yellowstone was eye-opening...most of the river banks are flat and almost level with the water. Like something out of a painting!

This picture does no justice to the vast beauty of the Teton mountain range, but here's one of my shots as we were leaving the area.

P6150087.jpg

I want to do it again in 5 years, but this time with a travel trailer, taking months at a time to enjoy the United States!

Stewart

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
you are a lucky mofo. i did almost the same trip, but in an 81 toyota corolla sr5 station wagon. the sights were definatly worth it. did you see the crazyhorse monument? or craters of the moon np? the whole nowthwest interior is really cool!

I really wanted to go see crazyhorse, but it was pouring rain the whole time I was there :cuss: It is surprising how scenic the drive was, much more then I expected it to be.

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Last year, in the wifes PSD Excursion, we did a similar trip starting in Seattle. Drove over to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, past the Grand Tetons, through Yellowstone, over to Mount Rushmore, then back to Yellowstone.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip that was magnificent!

Tell me bud, when you saw the Grand Tetons, didn't your jaw drop at the beauty? I know mine did!

And while we camp in Yosemite every year, seeing the type of rivers in Yellowstone was eye-opening...most of the river banks are flat and almost level with the water. Like something out of a painting!

Stewart

I actually thought the Tetons had way better views then Yellowstone, but the geothermic activity was unbelievable.

Here is my best pic of the tetons;
Teton001.gif

Users who are viewing this thread