Drove the 05 Mustang GT Yesterday!!!

A2V2NV

Established Member
I'm bettin' its true since he said he works for the dealership and the show, otherwise he wouldn't have even been let in after the show. I wonder how the 5-spd one is gonna run. Better yet, a 5-spd one with a 9-psi. intercooled KB on her!!!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I wouldnt doubt that they do. A few months back I saw 3 C6 Corvettes sitting at a Subway off of I-69, and I even pulled in to get a closer look (after my friend thought he saw 3 C5's with body kits :lol:. 2 of them still had the covers on the front and rear, the other one was uncovered. My guess was that they were probably driving them from Bowling Green to the Detroit autoshow. I mean, If they're going to drive em the 4 or 500 miles it is from Bowling Green KY to Detroit MI I dont doubt one second that he got to drive that car around the parking lot.

They dont. A local dealer is chosen to provide the current vehicles for an autoshow(we do it every year for DC). Some of them will be sent straight from Ford to us that they specifically want there(like the yellow flareside F-series and the SD harley truck which were near-impossible to find at the time). They are trucked from the dealer to the show and recleaned as needed. Ford concepts are trucked directly there with the rest of the display materials. Believe me, you do not drive cars going into auto shows.:rollseyes Local dealers usually have two salespeople to work the show each day, a morning and night shift. Ford has all it's people on "tour" with the show for the specific displays and the counter. A lot of the announcers on the turntables are not full-time Ford employees, and most are bimbos that dont know much other then what the script says. Thats why so much misinformation comes from them at shows. The true Ford big-wigs are sprinkled about, mostly at the biggest 4 US shows(Detroit/LA/Chicago/NY). Belive me, they dont give too much of a shit if you work for a dealer or not.

Just think of the risk Ford would be taking with one of only a handfull of cars(and the only one in the state) getting so much as a door ding on it hundreds of miles away from home base at a convention center with NO automotive service ability. By a driver not affiliated with Ford nor insured on an un-registered for street use automobile. "OH YEA, JUST DRIVE IT AROUND THE BLOCK, ITS COOL!":bash:

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
There is talk about the "hole" in the hood for a shaker, it is also needed on the curent GT intake for clearance. Side views clearly show with the hood up that the top of the intake is quite a bit higher then the fender line.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
They dont. A local dealer is chosen to provide the current vehicles for an autoshow(we do it every year for DC). Some of them will be sent straight from Ford to us that they specifically want there(like the yellow flareside F-series and the SD harley truck which were near-impossible to find at the time). They are trucked from the dealer to the show and recleaned as needed. Ford concepts are trucked directly there with the rest of the display materials. Believe me, you do not drive cars going into auto shows.:rollseyes Local dealers usually have two salespeople to work the show each day, a morning and night shift. Ford has all it's people on "tour" with the show for the specific displays and the counter. A lot of the announcers on the turntables are not full-time Ford employees, and most are bimbos that dont know much other then what the script says. Thats why so much misinformation comes from them at shows. The true Ford big-wigs are sprinkled about, mostly at the biggest 4 US shows(Detroit/LA/Chicago/NY). Belive me, they dont give too much of a shit if you work for a dealer or not.

Well you probably know more about that than I so I wont argue.

I will say though, that doesnt explain the 3 C6'es I saw parked at the Subway off of I-69 at the pendleton exit (thats about 20 miles north of Indianapolis). It was in the later part of january so they had already released pics of the car. Before there is any debate, I got up close and circled the cars, they were in fact C6'es. There were no Semi's in sight, so I know they had to have been driven to that location, not only for that reason, but the fact a truck would have no reason to drop them off there either.

Last edited:

UD LOSE

I'd rather be blown.
Established Member
I couldn't imagine letting a concept car leave my posession, and letting some guy loose to drive it, and possibly totaling it...then what? What if he ran someone over in the parking lot...that's a huge liability. I guess it could happen...who knows, right?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Well you probably know more about that than I so I wont argue.

I will say though, that doesnt explain the 3 C6'es I saw parked at the Subway off of I-69 at the pendleton exit (thats about 20 miles north of Indianapolis). It was in the later part of january so they had already released pics of the car. Before there is any debate, I got up close and circled the cars, they were in fact C6'es. There were no Semi's in sight, so I know they had to have been driven to that location, not only for that reason, but the fact a truck would have no reason to drop them off there either.

There are 05 stangs running all over the country too. I'm sure they are just production test vehicles.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have seen ....

Some of the pics ... but I have yet to see anyone with any real experience post anything about it.... I believe it is POSSIBLE that this story is true ... I have been given the opportunity to do some pretty kewl shyt here that a lot of folks would not believe... BUT I will wait for the pics to back up the story .. one of him in the drivers seat would be preferable .... but even that is no guarentee .. but I would be willing to give him the benifit of the doubt .....

"Not a hater .. just a casual disliker"

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Boss429lover
I can't beleive it, C6's here in Indy! I wish I had known. :(

I wonder if it would be possible to see a 05 Stang Mule here in Indy.

I would imagine... Seeing those C6'es though was a freak happening. I was apparently at the right place at the right time. I'm pretty sure they were just passing through. Like I said most likely they were travalling from Bowling Green KY to Detroit.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Boss429lover
Yep, you were just lucky..plain and simple..

I would have freaked too if i saw them...I probably would have followed them too. :eek:

hehehehe, ahh I was in the PT Cruiser so I probably wouldnt have had much of a chance of keeping up anyway.

Boss429lover

Established Member
hehehehe, ahh I was in the PT Cruiser so I probably wouldnt have had much of a chance of keeping up anyway.

True:-D And from what I've heard usually the drivers don't like being followed...they seem to lose anyone who decides to gawk.

The other day on the highway I saw a trailer truck with a 06 SVT Cobra..I asked to drive it and they said GO AHEAD>....TAKE HER FOR A SPIN....When I hit the gas the front wheels came off the ground and it went 195 miles an hour in third...Now its in my garage....

See anyone can make up a post.....:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread