Drove the 05 Mustang GT Yesterday!!!

PACETTR

Established Member
Drove the 05 Mustang GT Yesterday!!! PICS INSIDE!!!

Let me start by saying this car is FAST. It's not a blown DOHC, but it "felt" as fast or faster than a Mach I. I worked at the OKC Auto Show this weekend, and Sunday night after all the other cars were moved out of the building, I asked the guy who drives the Ford car hauler if I could start the Stang. He said to go ahead, so my buddy and I fired it up, gave it a few revs, and cranked the Shaker 1000.:thumbsup: We hung around a little while longer and when they set up the ramps to drive it off the "turntable", I asked if it stayed inside for the night or went outside. When he said it went straight to the trailer, I asked if he minded. He told me to go ahead, so I pulled it down the ramps, and outside...:burnout:
I could tell immediately upon pulling outside that this thing had great power. As I turned left onto one of the roads at the fairgrounds, I eased into the throttle. As soon as I got it pointed straight, I let her rip. This one was the Blue Automatic and let me tell you, you will never feel the same about autos after driving one of these. There is NO dropoff in power between shifts. This car has a very solid, confident feel to it. I don't know how, maybe I was just so excited to be driving this car, but it "felt" faster than the current Mach. I Promise it is faster than an auto Mach, maybe right with a 5-sp.
On a side note, if anyone has pics of the underside of the hood of this car, check out the lack of underhood "ribbing" in a suspicious-looking square in the middle (future scoop/shaker).
Overall, I'd have to say :rockon: :beer: :burnout: :-D:thumbsup:

Last edited:

JamesT

Established Member
Was the turning radius good? or is it as bad as the T-Birds?

JamesT

Established Member
Did they give us more leg room than 03/04's?

I am just trying to figure out where the extra length went to.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I thought it was a very lovely story, and you tell it so well....

bullshit, but cute:bored:

Every auto show generates another post like this.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Yup, stories like this are all over the place. Next time you go to an autoshow, go around back the night before and ask them to take a Viper they are unloading around the block for a spin:rollseyes

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
:idea: Maybe we should start hanging around auto shows since they will obviously let ANYBODY drive the concept cars. *sniff*sniff* I smell BS.

PACETTR

Established Member
Why all the :burn: ?????
I have proof in the form of pics from a disposable camera, obviously not the full length documentary some would require to belive this "dipshit"...I didn't post this for a pat on the back; I got more than I wanted just driving the car. My reason for posting this was to share an exciting experience with fellow Mustang enthusiasts, which is also the reason I'm "posting on every site I can find". And I'm sure they wouldn't let "ANYBODY" drive the car...I worked at the Auto Show and have worked for the top-selling Ford dealer in OK for six years now. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time, and thanks for the warm welcome:bash:
BTW
SnkBtn99 - Why the name-calling? I don't recall doing anything to warrant this :nono:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Pace ..... In all honesty, we all have seen plenty of "newcomers" that start posting on boards that they have never been to before and start claiming things like that they just "walked" up to the guy responsible for loading the show vehicles and asked for a ride and they said "sure, take her for a spin".

I just don't see this happening. I just find it very hard to believe that Ford or let alone the convention center that the show was at would allow a liability like that.

Also, why wouldn't you have just driven the car home? Honest you say. How did the car jockey know you were honest? Pretty risky move on their part wouldn't you say.

No offense meant, but I think it is BS. There is enough speculation to have to wade through let alone having to try and figure out who is full of crap and who is not ....

Post you pictures. Better yet, post a video next time. Words are a dime a dozen on the Internet.

BTW, welcome aboard !

RodBeast

Well, Well

Ok, so there have been an awful lot of haters out there lately. Ok yes the story may be hard to believe, but at the same time stranger things have happened to everyday people. Ok I just happen to be a newcomer to this sight, but I have been a Mustang lover for quite some time so go ahead and have your opinion about what you are about to read. Because you know opinions are like a**holes everybody has one are may even be one! The story in question is true I happen to have passenger seat experience to the drive in question. The car is unbelievable!!! There are some photos of this experiance that will get posted as soon as possible for all of you haters out there. On top of me being in the passenger seat of is experience we have a third party that was in the back seat also. Pace is correct about everything he has said, the '05 Mustang is everything it has been hyped up to be from the power to the ride it was awesome (watch out Mach and N/A Cobra owners) this car is fast. This experience has definatly made me a firm believer that I will be a proud owner of an '05 mustang as soon as they are available, oh yea and by the way I did snag a little piece of memorobilia out of the glove box the I would be more than happy to post so all of you out there can see!!! Thank you

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm glad the car is living up to what it should be doing!:thumbsup:
Still, I'll be waiting for the first 05 GT owner to test me. :lol1:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by PACETTR
Let me start by saying this car is FAST. It's not a blown DOHC, but it "felt" as fast or faster than a Mach I. I worked at the OKC Auto Show this weekend, and Sunday night after all the other cars were moved out of the building, I asked the guy who drives the Ford car hauler if I could start the Stang. He said to go ahead, so my buddy and I fired it up, gave it a few revs, and cranked the Shaker 1000.:thumbsup: We hung around a little while longer and when they set up the ramps to drive it off the "turntable", I asked if it stayed inside for the night or went outside. When he said it went straight to the trailer, I asked if he minded. He told me to go ahead, so I pulled it down the ramps, and outside...:burnout:
I could tell immediately upon pulling outside that this thing had great power. As I turned left onto one of the roads at the fairgrounds, I eased into the throttle. As soon as I got it pointed straight, I let her rip. This one was the Blue Automatic and let me tell you, you will never feel the same about autos after driving one of these. There is NO dropoff in power between shifts. This car has a very solid, confident feel to it. I don't know how, maybe I was just so excited to be driving this car, but it "felt" faster than the current Mach. I Promise it is faster than an auto Mach, maybe right with a 5-sp.
On a side note, if anyone has pics of the underside of the hood of this car, check out the lack of underhood "ribbing" in a suspicious-looking square in the middle (future scoop/shaker).
Overall, I'd have to say :rockon: :beer: :burnout: :-D:thumbsup:

I wouldnt doubt if it is as quick as the Mach1. Its putting out as much power as one, weighs alittle less, and has a stronger platform that should handle the torque alot better than the current.

Awsome that you got to drive one :D. I'm hoping ill get to do the same. Supposidly, at the 40th anniv mustang show down in Nashville in the middle part of this month there going to give people the oppritunity to drive them around the Nascar track.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
Yup, stories like this are all over the place. Next time you go to an autoshow, go around back the night before and ask them to take a Viper they are unloading around the block for a spin:rollseyes

I wouldnt doubt that they do. A few months back I saw 3 C6 Corvettes sitting at a Subway off of I-69, and I even pulled in to get a closer look (after my friend thought he saw 3 C5's with body kits :lol:. 2 of them still had the covers on the front and rear, the other one was uncovered. My guess was that they were probably driving them from Bowling Green to the Detroit autoshow. I mean, If they're going to drive em the 4 or 500 miles it is from Bowling Green KY to Detroit MI I dont doubt one second that he got to drive that car around the parking lot.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SnkBtn99
This story is BS .... This dipshit is posting it on every site he can find ....

Wouldnt you be posting that story on every site you could find too? Its not every day that a guy gets to drive a pre-production car, esspecially a pre-production Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread