Drove the 05 Mustang GT Yesterday!!!

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
attachment.php

SNCBOOM

Established Member
whether this is bullshit or not...I ask myself why didn't Ford come up with this during GM's production of the F-body? I'm going to try to talk my dad into getting a new Mustang GT and hopefully it will be of something that we've exected since...well...forever.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by PACETTR
Where'd the haters go? :shrug: :nono:

Thanks for the pics bro, as you can read I didnt doubt you.

Hell they were driving the 05's all over at the 40th anniv Mustang show down in Nashville this passed week, so why people would think the car is so untouchable at this point I wouldnt know.

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
Not for nothing, but this never happened lol... They are so carefull and anal about cars at shows.. they aren't just gonna let any chump go beat on it.. do you know how much shit they would be in if you crashed it... they would never take that kind of chance..

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
after seeing those pics i'm kinda sceptical on the styling of the car.. i saw the prototype up close here at the rochester car show and it was sweet but still an aquired taste.. i love my 99 Cobra, i think the best mustangs are 99-04Cobras.. they are just awesome looking, especially 01 and up with smoked headlights... I don't think any mustang can ever top or match the 04 Cobra especially the anniversary edition with the red colored interior.. just amazing!

03CobraBro

Established Member
I saw what will be the production versions of the cars in person down in nashville as I mentioned earlier. IMO They look too big, I mean wide and tall. If the current Mustang is concidered a small to midsized car, then this new stang deffinatly sits between mid to large.

I guess I should wait until the Cobra model rolls out to make a decision, but in all honesty I think strictly based on aesthetic's, the Current gen Mustang looks better. I'm not quite sure if the new platform, and the updated engines would be enough for me to go out and buy one of these new Stangs. Like I said though, I'll I want to make that decision after I see what SVT has instore for the next Super Stang.

Dont get me wrong, the new Stangs look better than alot of people give them credit for but, its just my opinion they dont look as good as what we have now, after seeing it in person. I'll still love the stang though, thats never going to change, and I have no doubt in my mind this new stang is going to rock the house as far as the lower end performance market is concerned (hopefully it'll shake the higher end up too :-D )

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Originally posted by PACETTR
Where'd the haters go? :shrug: :nono:
It's not that we are haters, it is just a little hard to believe that they let you beat on it. OK, so you sat in the '05. So did I ... Here are my pictures .... I tried to get the keys from the Ford guy when I sat in it to listen to the stereo. He said no way in hell could he give me the keys. He didn't want to lose his job. At least I was able to get him to pull it next to my '99 and take pictures and vids.

424861_3.jpg

424861_2.jpg

424861_4.jpg

03CobraBro

Established Member
There were supposed to have been a handful of 05's that people would get to drive around the Nashville Super Speedway if they signed up in time. I guess that didnt go over because no one got to drive anything.

Like I said, these new stangs will be on lots within the next 3 to 4 months. I dont see what the big deal is about letting someone drive a pre-production, production model. :shrug: I might understand if it was april 2003 and people were wanting to drive the concept car, thats alittle different.

Last edited:

Way2QWK

Established Member
I think the story could be true.......yesterday the 05 mustang GT was being shown at the local Jim Click Ford dealer. They didnt seem uptight about the car at all. It was open for people to get in it. I sat in it. Took about 32 pics with my digital camera. Anyone interseted in seeing them I can try to post them.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Way2QWK
I think the story could be true.......yesterday the 05 mustang GT was being shown at the local Jim Click Ford dealer. They didnt seem uptight about the car at all. It was open for people to get in it. I sat in it. Took about 32 pics with my digital camera. Anyone interseted in seeing them I can try to post them.

Post in the pics and vids section if you can, I'd like to take a gander.

Users who are viewing this thread