Drove my first Lightning...

opie99

Established Member
dealerships never like to budge on prices for any svt vehicles. when i bought my 99 cobra they wouldnt go down on price becuase they said its a rare vehicle and they know they can find someone tho pay that price, it was the same deal with truck. and yes they dont ever want to give yoy shit for your trade ins either, if i could do it all over again i would sell the cobra outright and talk to one of these guys on here.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I went from a nice ranger to my L. I sold my ranger outright then got a load from the bank. I also bought it from somebody on the forums. I tried to stay away from dealerships but if you need the financing, do what you gotta do man. Good luck!

NSSVT

Established Member
i remember my first test drive in my L. it was sold 2 minutes outside the parking lot. the blower whine never gets old. hope you find the one your looking for.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
I drove 120 miles just to drive a blue '04. The guy wanted 2k more than I could afford. I drove home really dissapointed. I had a local dealership looking for one for about 6 months. Finally they found a red 02 with low miles and that "appeared" stock. Longest 6 months of my life.

ender.

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind words and advice! Also, thanks for those that have been sending me PMs with trucks for sale! Keep em coming!

Ill be posting a WTB thread in a few weeks when I am ready to really start my search.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Id real like to find one as close to stock as possible, but I do agree with you. The only reason I really went there is because I wanted to drive it and kick the tires a little, rather than waste a pvt. sellers time.

And the fact of a trade in but hopefully like I said I can find someone to scoop up my great Ranger ;)

You can buy my 2003 Red one for just a little bit more over their 13k asking price, fly up here and I'll pick you up at the airport and you can drive it back.:beer:

ender.

Established Member
You can buy my 2003 Red one for just a little bit more over their 13k asking price, fly up here and I'll pick you up at the airport and you can drive it back.:beer:

Haha I've actually already been looking and thinking about your truck.

I wont be looking to buy until after the 2nd week in July but I will definitely be in touch then if it's still around. I'd love to take a week off, pick up a new Lightning and cruise down the east coast!

Users who are viewing this thread