Drove a Mazda 3 last night

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
my sis just got a new 06 mazda 3... with the 2.0 motor with the 4 speed sport auto trans.

i wanted her to get the 2.3 and 5 speed auto but that was another grand or so.

but powerwise there is only a 10hp difference. the big difference is the gearing with teh 5 speed auto. helps acceleration alot. lol

but anyway i was impressed. the car has a great feel to it. i didnt like the rear view mirror and side mirrors as the images looked kinda 'off' to me. not like my dads 03 impala or my camaro.

but the car drives nice. sporty suspension and stiffer interior for that handling/racey feel. and it does a good job handling. i pushed it around a bend pretty hard and it felt solid. it kinda has that initial feelin like it wont have good handling as u enter the turn but it buckles down, and holds strong. steering is really nice too. overall the handling department was good.

the engine is peppy above 4000rpms where DOHC and variable valve timing kicks in. it sounds good too. and the manual matic shifting makes it really fun. power is alright, it would be great with 200hp but for what it is, it gets over 50 pretty quick once u get 1st gear up into the 5K + rpm range, and slam second with the slap stick. LOL

must say, for a daily driver, i would definately pick one up. for 16-18 grand, you cant really beat it.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
my sis just got a new 06 mazda 3... with the 2.0 motor with the 4 speed sport auto trans.

i wanted her to get the 2.3 and 5 speed auto but that was another grand or so.

but powerwise there is only a 10hp difference. the big difference is the gearing with teh 5 speed auto. helps acceleration alot. lol

but anyway i was impressed. the car has a great feel to it. i didnt like the rear view mirror and side mirrors as the images looked kinda 'off' to me. not like my dads 03 impala or my camaro.

but the car drives nice. sporty suspension and stiffer interior for that handling/racey feel. and it does a good job handling. i pushed it around a bend pretty hard and it felt solid. it kinda has that initial feelin like it wont have good handling as u enter the turn but it buckles down, and holds strong. steering is really nice too. overall the handling department was good.

the engine is peppy above 4000rpms where DOHC and variable valve timing kicks in. it sounds good too. and the manual matic shifting makes it really fun. power is alright, it would be great with 200hp but for what it is, it gets over 50 pretty quick once u get 1st gear up into the 5K + rpm range, and slam second with the slap stick. LOL

must say, for a daily driver, i would definately pick one up. for 16-18 grand, you cant really beat it.

fully loaded is the greatest value for the segment. HIDs and heated seats and DVD navigation for under $23k.

once i find a dealer to work with me, I will buy a mazda3- to last me until I can afford an Audi-esque car, or if ford pulls its head out of its ass and makes a nice performance based fusion with eurospec options.

NameBlast44

Established Member
my friend has one - i've driven it around a bit. not a bad car at all, im a fan. great dd

Users who are viewing this thread