Drove a Ford GT yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzell5000

65 Mustang Master
Established Member
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Make a video of you cruising. You drive it all the time so why would that be so hard? If the story is true you should prove these guys wrong.

in not giving him anything, even if he was on fire i wouldn't give him water

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
LOL @ the OP still whining...I'd hate to see what he'd do in SD.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Ok I am not gonna read this whole thread, but I read at least half of it and this is what I have gathered:

1. OP needs better grammar/spelling skills.........my goodness....

2. Assuming the OP has actually driven a Ford GT he definitely shows how inexperienced of a driver he really is. He cites that a Ford GT drives just like a mustang and apparently the ford gt he drove has a turbo and not a supercharger because this one has to build boost.

3. His knowledge of cars comes across as about as limited as your average soccer mom.

4. He posted a link to a photo of the supposed car he drove straight from his computers directory....

Im not gonna hold the fact that he is 18 years old against him. That wouldnt be fair. That being said, one can arrive at the conclusion that he, at least, appears to be intellectually challenged in a way that has nothing to do with his age or inexperience.

To the OP:

It is understandable why the majority wouldnt believe that you actually drove a Ford GT based on many comments you made about the experience you had driving it. They just dont add up with what is common knowledge about how a Ford GT drives. The statements you make about your experience with the car are in direct contradiction of pretty much any professional driver that has driven the car and was interviewed afterwards about it.

Personally, I have never driven a Ford GT. I have, however, sat in one and admired it thoroughly. I can tell you from that experience that not once did the thought cross my mind that any part of the interior came from a run of the mill ford vehicle. While having not driven a Ford GT I am inclined to place more stock on the impressions of what a professional driver described the driving experience to be like than how you described your little joy ride.

There are many discrepancies in your story to warrant the reaction of doubt that you have received. Hope this helps you understand their point of view(which I happen to share).

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
OK^^^fair enough, as for grammar, when i get into things i type very fast and this little 400 dollar laptop has severe keyboard lag when you type quick...so sorry, i dont really put a lot of effort into going back to correct it, and as for the xperience, i coudlnt hold myself together tha ti was actually driving the car instead of being in the passenger seat like the last time he bought one.... so i was thrilled, and i didnt push the car to its limits because i didnt wan tot wrekc it, so from my ride of not pushing it it was civil like a cobra, i never said it was exactly like it, cause when u hit the loud pedal it was out....but thebrake pedal feel was just like my cobra, and it was soo easy to drive, and as for turbo....no its blatantly a roots blower, if you ease into it the gauge doesnt max out, then when u plant it the boost really comes in and the wheels shred...when it comes into the rpms it really movves, ik meant it that way, not that it lags out....just how you give it the gas and at what rpm etc....it is a pehnominal car and i am dying ot get my hands on it againa nd owing one when i get oulder....if you ever do get to drive one....drive it normal at first and u can somewhat see what i am talking about....its not a get in and floor it everywhere and it hooks and goes, you can do that but its crazy....i was just enjoying the car....sorry that i wasnt at nurburging with my A-1 prof. drivers liscense

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
and as for interior, the door locks and the window switches were very ford Escape like , never said he whole interior was a cheap ford.....

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I think it would best for you if you forget the password for this site.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
After you type a whole bunch of incoherent shit. There is nothing wrong with going back and correcting your grammar mistakes. I do it all the time.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
OK^^^fair enough, as for grammar, when i get into things i type very fast and this little 400 dollar laptop has severe keyboard lag when you type quick...so sorry, i dont really put a lot of effort into going back to correct it, and as for the xperience, i coudlnt hold myself together tha ti was actually driving the car instead of being in the passenger seat like the last time he bought one.... so i was thrilled, and i didnt push the car to its limits because i didnt wan tot wrekc it, so from my ride of not pushing it it was civil like a cobra, i never said it was exactly like it, cause when u hit the loud pedal it was out....but thebrake pedal feel was just like my cobra, and it was soo easy to drive, and as for turbo....no its blatantly a roots blower, if you ease into it the gauge doesnt max out, then when u plant it the boost really comes in and the wheels shred...when it comes into the rpms it really movves, ik meant it that way, not that it lags out....just how you give it the gas and at what rpm etc....it is a pehnominal car and i am dying ot get my hands on it againa nd owing one when i get oulder....if you ever do get to drive one....drive it normal at first and u can somewhat see what i am talking about....its not a get in and floor it everywhere and it hooks and goes, you can do that but its crazy....i was just enjoying the car....sorry that i wasnt at nurburging with my A-1 prof. drivers liscense

Oh believe me I know what a roots powered car feels like. I have an eaton charged mach 1 pushing close to 500whp. Considering this was your first time driving a roots powered car its understandable how you would incorrectly describe the way the power comes on. No biggie.

See when you don't get into the gas the boost gauge is gonna spend most of its time in vacuum. When you stab the throttle the boost near instantly goes to max psi that its setup for. (The pulley it has, etc...) If its max boost is 8 psi(strictly example) then it will hit 8 psi as soon as u hit the gas. That's how it works.

The way you described it we understood it to be you had it floored and it hooked then after an unspecified amount of time the boost came on and it started spinning. That's why it didn't make sense.

Mizzell5000

65 Mustang Master
Established Member
Oh believe me I know what a roots powered car feels like. I have an eaton charged mach 1 pushing close to 500whp. Considering this was your first time driving a roots powered car its understandable how you would incorrectly describe the way the power comes on. No biggie.

See when you don't get into the gas the boost gauge is gonna spend most of its time in vacuum. When you stab the throttle the boost near instantly goes to max psi that its setup for. (The pulley it has, etc...) If its max boost is 8 psi(strictly example) then it will hit 8 psi as soon as u hit the gas. That's how it works.

The way you described it we understood it to be you had it floored and it hooked then after an unspecified amount of time the boost came on and it started spinning. That's why it didn't make sense.

The whole paragraph he posted didn't make any sense... i can't see how you could make so many mistakes in that paragraph... i literaly felt semi-retarded while reading your post rio red snake :loser:

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Ok I am not gonna read this whole thread, but I read at least half of it and this is what I have gathered:

1. OP needs better grammar/spelling skills.........my goodness....

2. Assuming the OP has actually driven a Ford GT he definitely shows how inexperienced of a driver he really is. He cites that a Ford GT drives just like a mustang and apparently the ford gt he drove has a turbo and not a supercharger because this one has to build boost.

3. His knowledge of cars comes across as about as limited as your average soccer mom.

4. He posted a link to a photo of the supposed car he drove straight from his computers directory....

Im not gonna hold the fact that he is 18 years old against him. That wouldnt be fair. That being said, one can arrive at the conclusion that he, at least, appears to be intellectually challenged in a way that has nothing to do with his age or inexperience.

To the OP:

It is understandable why the majority wouldnt believe that you actually drove a Ford GT based on many comments you made about the experience you had driving it. They just dont add up with what is common knowledge about how a Ford GT drives. The statements you make about your experience with the car are in direct contradiction of pretty much any professional driver that has driven the car and was interviewed afterwards about it.

Personally, I have never driven a Ford GT. I have, however, sat in one and admired it thoroughly. I can tell you from that experience that not once did the thought cross my mind that any part of the interior came from a run of the mill ford vehicle. While having not driven a Ford GT I am inclined to place more stock on the impressions of what a professional driver described the driving experience to be like than how you described your little joy ride.

There are many discrepancies in your story to warrant the reaction of doubt that you have received. Hope this helps you understand their point of view(which I happen to share).

Guys, I think we found RIO RED SNAKE's man lover.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
well fenix fire you got that one right, first time driving a roots or supercharged car of any sort, i h ave driven one turbo car a speed 3 mazda hatch and it was kinda like that, it wasnt like 5 sec before boost kicked in but it was rather quick, idk, you responded to my post well....thanks...and siiick Mach btw...fav color....and 61mm turbo with the ugly wheels, i dont like you very much and i can see you dont like me very much either....so plz stop

|KNY BEL|

Established Member
RIO RED SNAKE is legit. I saw the car at a car show (Trucking Museum) and have met his Uncle and him through a good friend. I will post up pics if he wants.

I was there with my buddy in his 370Z. He was talking to you about getting a Whipple.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
^ahah hell ya man i remeber you, loved that z it was siick, and yea post up the pics, cause it was next to the 360 challenge and my uncles friend in the murcielago and his older ferrari was over there too..do it up man!!!

|KNY BEL|

Established Member
Here are the pics I took, cell phone pics so they dont do justice. I didnt stick around long enough for the Challenge to come by but I did see the Red Murci, and the owner of it is the one who introduced me to your Uncle and he told me a Ford GT is coming by, thats why I stayed.

I guess the 370Z is nice, its fun to drive, especially with the Synchro Rev-Match Tranny but I'd take a Cobra (which is what I am looking for now). Its quick up to 100 but then it climbs soooo slow.

frontshot.jpg

backxh.jpg
Notice the Same Plate Number as in the Pictures Previously Posted

frontairdam.jpg

enginetf.jpg

interiordg.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
^^^thanks for posting up those pictures, now everyone can stop with their little fun stories they made up, and yes i did blame it on my laptop, go buy a 400 dollar acer laptop from officemax and type as fast as you can, ti will lag and then you will stop and the ocmputer will catch up to you. it is the beatest thing ever.

also, i have a 97 cobra if you are interested, idk if you wanted a all motor or a terminator....let me know aha

vita

Established Member
been trying to read 16 pages of this is a headache.

I believe ya man, congrats. thats a sick car!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
^^^thanks for posting up those pictures, now everyone can stop with their little fun stories they made up, and yes i did blame it on my laptop, go buy a 400 dollar acer laptop from officemax and type as fast as you can, ti will lag and then you will stop and the ocmputer will catch up to you. it is the beatest thing ever.

And then you justified it! It keeps getting better! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can outtype my Logitech G11, but you know what's cool about it? When the letters all show up on the screen, they're all right! You know why? Because the keyboard will only output what you input. So stop blaming your inability to communicate coherently on inanimate objects, you're worse than a ricer. Seriously.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You are tring with feeble attempt. I dont believe anything you say. And all your "pictures of proof" are situational at their very best. You tried to be an internet hero troll with this damn thread. Then your supposed uncle logs in and posts pictures and then makes the statement that the FGT get to 100 really fast and then takes forever to climb after that. LOL what a ****ing joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread