Drove a couple of Supercars on Sunday

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
So as a x-mas present this year, my better half got me a supercar driving experience with a traveling company that hops around the country. I had the opportunity to do 3 laps in a McLaren MP4-12C and 3 laps in a Ferrari 458 Italia, and all I can say is if you have seen the top gear on these two cars, it is the nail on the head of my driving experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPZSaHyZGQ).

It was the most fun I have ever had, I am pretty sure!! Both cars were phenomenal and truly the difference between a sports car/muscle car and a supercar become gapingly evident. I have ridden in some fast cars (Cobras, Supras, Vettes, Vipers, a sports bike, etc), but nothing compares to the way these cars drive and go, especially from the factory. Its like you could leave them pinned at red-line, and they would say "is that all you got?!!"

Truly the best time ever, I suggest anyone who is a gear head do one of these events if you ever have the chance.

Some iphone shots.

10644216_10152649923620735_2072966826068703109_o.jpg
10925468_10152649566375735_2643848405438281626_o.jpg
10457711_10152649317450735_1824179976343834764_o.jpg
10945862_10152649566195735_2096295469494093135_o.jpg

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
The Ferrari by a mile. The McLaren has a super numb throttle (top part for cruising, the middle is dead, the bottom of the pedal you get a click and on comes the power). Comparing the two, again their still supercars, but the Ferrari was a go-kart jacked on a bottle of steroids and the McLaren was as easy to drive as a V6 Mustang. I mean a seriously huge difference. (I came to this event solely for driving the McLaren, but fell hard for that Ferrari).

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
McLaren looked like it's tapped some ass on the rear quarter lol. I would love to do this. Question, how tall are you and weight? How did you fit in the cars? I'm 6'5 upper 200's and have always heard a Lambo is really tight for bigger guys.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
McLaren looked like it's tapped some ass on the rear quarter lol. I would love to do this. Question, how tall are you and weight? How did you fit in the cars? I'm 6'5 upper 200's and have always heard a Lambo is really tight for bigger guys.

Im small by comparison. 160 & 6 ft even. They actually told a guy he couldnt do the lambo for that exact reason "height".

The mcLaren definitely had some track time. Lol

I fit fine, they only one they were concerned with for people was the lambos. No mention of restriction on any others.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
The Ferrari by a mile. The McLaren has a super numb throttle (top part for cruising, the middle is dead, the bottom of the pedal you get a click and on comes the power). Comparing the two, again their still supercars, but the Ferrari was a go-kart jacked on a bottle of steroids and the McLaren was as easy to drive as a V6 Mustang. I mean a seriously huge difference. (I came to this event solely for driving the McLaren, but fell hard for that Ferrari).

Thanks for the feedback adn this doesn't surprise me. Usually when I read about someone doing one of these driving experiences and driving Lambos, McLarens and Ferraris the Ferraris usually draw the most rave reviews. They may not have the best stats on paper but behind the wheel they have that something extra that makes them better

MFE

Established Member
Sweet! What track was that? I've heard similar feedback about the Ferrari and McLaren, from friends doing similar experiences, also between Ferrari and Lambo. Seems like Ferrari owns.

Electrokid

Established Member
When I was in Vegas I did the World Class Driving experience and drove the LP570-4, the 458, and the Jag XKRS. The 458 felt better in every way compared to the other two. It combined comfort with mind-numbing acceleration (compared to my mustang at least). The 458 is my favourite car I have ever driven.

kaz109

Established Member
When I was in Vegas I did the World Class Driving experience and drove the LP570-4, the 458, and the Jag XKRS. The 458 felt better in every way compared to the other two. It combined comfort with mind-numbing acceleration (compared to my mustang at least). The 458 is my favourite car I have ever driven.

What did you think of the XKR-S?

GT915

Established Member
Two years ago I did the Exotics Racing experience in Vegas. I picked the Lambo Gallardo Superleggera LP570 because it was AWD and I've always liked Lambos. I would like to have taken 20 laps in everything they had but that would have required mortgaging my home. I had an awesome time though and was very impressed with the car. Acceleration was amazing and hitting the brakes was like throwing out an anchor.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Sweet! What track was that? I've heard similar feedback about the Ferrari and McLaren, from friends doing similar experiences, also between Ferrari and Lambo. Seems like Ferrari owns.
The bounderant west track in chandler,az. 1.1 mile course with 11 turns and 1500ft straight away.

HandBanana

Established Member

Yeah, no bueno on the Lambo for you my friend. I'm 6'3" 235 and the steering wheel in a Murcielago was in my chest, zero leg room, super uncomfortable. Maybe the newer models are different though?

Awesome that your woman did this for you OP, hoping something like this happens for my bday this year!

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Yeah, no bueno on the Lambo for you my friend. I'm 6'3" 235 and the steering wheel in a Murcielago was in my chest, zero leg room, super uncomfortable. Maybe the newer models are different though?

Awesome that your woman did this for you OP, hoping something like this happens for my bday this year!
Yeah shes pretty awesome. Even better that we argue over who gets to buy the next gun. Lol

That must have been so much fun. Did you drive solo?

Nope. They put a coach in the car. Which is "a-ok" with me to make sure my adrenaline and excitment doesnt wreck one of these cars. Lol. My coach was super cool, and actually let me pass slower cars. Only person i saw that day given that priveledge. Nothing like flying by a lambo in a ferrari. Weee weee weee

Last edited:

JMoraru

Established Member
I've been wanting to do that. Do you remember who your instructor was? My buddy Cal is one of the instructors for Xtreme Experience. Such an awesome job.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I've been wanting to do that. Do you remember who your instructor was? My buddy Cal is one of the instructors for Xtreme Experience. Such an awesome job.

im not 100% but i think it may have been him. I rode with the same instructor for both cars.

Edit: just stalked the crew on facebook. My gut is leaning more towards it being him. If it was he rocked.

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That is one big grin on your face. Sounds like a great time!!

Users who are viewing this thread