Dropped my Red/white stripes with FRPP springs

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
A few of you may remember this first pic from when I first picked the Shelby up. While a little front to back "rake" is cool IMO on a car like this, this amount was just too much.. I could actually stick my fist in the rear wheel well, and move it around freely..
newshelby014.jpg

I had springs ordered for the car before I even took delivery. Ive been so busy, I never had a chance to put them in.. Well, here they are finnally installed.

These are the FRPP GT500 springs. As most of you know, they keep ride quality the same, while reducing roll a bit. They lower the car about 1 1/4 all around. (Just enough to bring the car down into the normal range). They keep a little bit of front to back rake, which I really like. I hate the "slammed" look on muscle cars and prefer a more sublte factory look. Ashame Ford doesnt offer these on the car right from the get go..
I am also running relocation brackets to retain as much traction as possible.
I was losing the sun as I took these pics..

aftersprings002.jpg

aftersprings003.jpg

aftersprings004.jpg

aftersprings005.jpg

aftersprings006.jpg

aftersprings001.jpg

goingup

Established Member
If all you wanted to do is change the look, then could'nt you just put sandbags in the trunk. Seems to me it would the same.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
If all you wanted to do is change the look, then could'nt you just put sandbags in the trunk. Seems to me it would the same.

Thats definately an option.:loser:
Try that out and let me know how it goes.:beer:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Looks very nice. I have a set of new springs in the box. Waiting to get the rest of the suspension bits and then putting it all on at once. Have you taken it out yet and put it thru it's paces? Would like to hear your thoughts. I'm tempted to just do the springs and be done with it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Looks very nice. I have a set of new springs in the box. Waiting to get the rest of the suspension bits and then putting it all on at once. Have you taken it out yet and put it thru it's paces? Would like to hear your thoughts. I'm tempted to just do the springs and be done with it.

IMO, I would go ahead and do just that. I think alot of the "suspension replacement" that goes on with these cars is not needed. Most of us are interested in lowering theses cars a bit, to make them look batter and give them a little less body roll around corners. Throwing the FRPP springs in, "as is" will do just that.

Alignment will still be fine if installed correctly, and the stock strut-mounts are fine for one replacement. The driver side rear tire will come out a 1/4 of an inch, but it does not efffect the car in any way. IMO, a panhard bar is not really needed unless you are anal.

The relocation brackets and the upper control arm are nice if you are going to be drag racing (for ultimate traction you can adjust Instant center and pinion angle). But again, this is not really needed if you are installing the FRPP springs, IMO, on a street car.

If you have the Eibachs, all bets are off.:burnout:

venams03

Established Member
Looks Great Purvis!

Couple ?s for ya..

So you just put the springs in as in without the adj panhard? That's what I was hoping to get away with.

If you don't mind my asking. What'd you pay for the springs and how much did it cost for the install (if you didn't do it yourself)?

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Looks Great Purvis!

Couple ?s for ya..

So you just put the springs in as in without the adj panhard? That's what I was hoping to get away with.

If you don't mind my asking. What'd you pay for the springs and how much did it cost for the install (if you didn't do it yourself)?

Yes you can put them in without the Panhard. Your drvier side wheel will come out a bit because of this, but you can harldy notice it.
I say go ahead and do it.:beer:

venams03

Established Member
Yes you can put them in without the Panhard. Your drvier side wheel will come out a bit because of this, but you can harldy notice it.
I say go ahead and do it.:beer:

Cool.

Did you intall this yourself? How much were the parts + labor (if you paid to have the install)?

Thanks!

FiaCobra

Established Member
Purvis, you still get wheel hop? I'd like to lower my car and cure the rear wheel hop at the same time.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Nope, no more wheelhop. But I also have upper and lower control arms.
If you want to get rid of the hop, at least put a good upper control arm in.

I did not do the install. I had Evolution do it. But I dont feel comfortable posting the price they gave me on the labor, on the forums. If you need a price, try calling Evo Directly and ask for Fred. It should be relatively inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread