drooling...

johnnyrocket

Established Member
Nice Vette but, What the hell did they paint that engine with.....looks like high temp barbecue flat black!:nonono: could have spent a little more time on the details!

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Nice Vette but, What the hell did they paint that engine with.....looks like high temp barbecue flat black!:nonono: could have spent a little more time on the details!

Was going to say the same thing. All that time and money spent on that car and they couldnt powder coat or properly paint the parts? Not digging the gold leaf look under the hood either but obviously thats a sick car.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
It's not gold leaf. It's DEI Reflect-A-Gold which keeps the heat from the turbos from damaging the hood.

Probably would have been fine without it and if anything it keeps engine bay temps from escaping via the surrounding metal panels, the hood included. Thus it stays hot under there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had to look through every one of those photos. What a gorgeous Vette. As I open my wallet and have to decide between this TT Z-06 or a new C7. Logic tells me to grab the C7. My inner self says "grab the Z"!

lxboy

Established Member
very nice car, but i have to ask why all that effort and leave the motor stock? Maybe i read wrong

oldmodman

Established Member
I wonder if there were any air filter on the turbos or if they were removed for the pictures.

In one shot it looked like there was a fine wire mesh over them. And it was covered with bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread