DROID, anyone?

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I am due for an upgrade and looking at what is out there. I have a BlackBerry for work and will be looking to get out of my old flip phone for personnal use.

I have Verizon and will not be looking at the Iphone, but the new Droid looks pretty cool.

Anyone have one?

How do you like it if you do have one?

Kinda have it narrowed down to the Droid or the Storm2...

Pro's and Con's would be nice if you have any...

Thanks,

Ken

:beer::beer:

Venimus03

Established Member
Dale and Tim both have one. I'm sure they'll chime in.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I couldn't stand the Storm. I guess my age is catching up to me. I have to have a real keyboard. The glass screen just didn't cut it for me.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
im looking into getting one of these phones to... Hopefully all i hear about the software being horrible and buggy has either been resolved or was blown out of proportion

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
He couldn't resist after Dale got one :poke:

Money stripped from the 996TT fund. :lol:

But on topic, I am probably switching to Verizon next year and will definitely get the Droid. Google is doing some amazing things.

f2hatch

Established Member
I will be getting one when it's time for my upgrade in august. By then all if any bugs should be worked out of it i would think. I have the LG Dare now and love it. Great phone for a non smart phone.

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies ... Scott...OLD??;-)

I am due for the upgrade now and will check um out Wed or Thursday night..

Tim... Dale...

chime away if you already have them...

Ken

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
But on topic, I am probably switching to Verizon next year and will definitely get the Droid. Google is doing some amazing things.

This is part of the reason I got mine. I was super hyped up for the Storm 2 to be released and since they kept knocking back the release date, I started to look around at other phones. Once I saw the specs on the Droid and what the phone was capable of, I was hooked.

The phone rocks. Huge screen with twice the resolution of the iphone and the Storm 2, the software is awesome and there are so many great apps out and more being added all the time. 3G browsing is insanely fast and youtube videos and movies that you can save on the phone have crazy clear quality. Every once in a while it will lag a tad, but it's rare and about 95% of the time, the UI is flawless.

Ken, if you like gadgets and technology, either get this phone or wait for the new HTC phone to come out in January or so. The HTC won't have a slider keyboard, but will be running a slightly newer version of Android than the Droid.

I'd say go to the store and see which one you like typing on better. I never use the slider keyboard and Tim doesn't either. The Storm 2 click is definitely cool, but it does take some getting used to. I told myself a while ago I would never get a slider phone and never get a touch screen phone and now I have both. It's definitely worth it. This is coming from someone who was crazy about blackberry and loved the physical keyboard.

Oh, and if you really don't like it, you have 30 days to exchange it for something else.

Cliff notes: Dooooo it.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks Dale...

How big are the keys, both physical and touch screen?

One of my biggest dislikes of my BB is the small keys, HELL, I can barely read them with my reading glasses on let alone without them :bash::bash:

I am hoping they are at least a lil bigger.

Glad to hear some positive feedback, thanks.

Ken

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
I like the phone a lot. i've currently got about 8 movies on my phone that I watch in fantastic quality to pass time at work. I never use the physical keyboard since you can do everything via the touch screen.

Ken the best thing you can do short of going to the store and checking one out is to go on youtube and check out any of the numerous video reviews.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ken, the physical keys on the slider are bigger than a BB, but the problem is the keyboard is completely flat. It was quite a change going from the nice BB keyboard to this one. That's why I mainly use the touchscreen, the keys are bigger and it's just more ergonomic. I had the smallest full qwerty BB available and I could type fast as hell on it, but the slider on this phone just wasn't designed all that well.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I'm due for an upgrade in Feb. I went with the blitz last time because it was the best keyboard phone they had without having to buy the plan to support a smart phone. The Droid has me thinking I may have to upgrade soon.

TRBO VNM

if verizon worked here at the house i would have one. but it doesn't so i have the iphone. as dale said, he doesn't use the slider keyboard and imo, that is one part of the phone i don't like, the design of it looking double layered. i think it would be much better if it didn't have that slider kb myself. thinner as well.

what i have heard from a couple people, including those on here is that the volume buttons I think they are, appear to loosen up, but that is normal after using them a bit. and sometimes when it rings, it may come through the ear speaker and not the regular speaker. turning it off and on clears this up.

other than that, the limited time I have used them, they seem like a pretty cool phone.

Users who are viewing this thread