Driving whipple 2.3 Cobra cross country

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Get a list of all the dragstrips you will encounter on the way back and stop at each one that is open to see what kinda times you can get

sent from, someone buy me a clutch..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Just keep the WOT jaunts to a minimum.

93 vs 91 isnt a big difference. Not like places where 93 is available people are running 5* more timing advance and half point leaner fuel curves, nor do I see people from 91 octane states magically stop having a weak tune when they go to a 93 octane state. If you were to compare a good 91 dynotune vs a good 93 dynotune they would be very similar in terms of output and tune parameters.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
I sold my 2.6h cobra tuned for 93 with torco to a user that lived in Oceanside, Ca. He flew out to Madison and drove it straight back 36 hours, only stopping for fuel. They just used 91 the entire way back.

My last cobra was a auto, 3.4 whipple tuned for the same thing. Also happened to sell it to a user from just north of Albuquerque, NM. Picked him up at the air port and drove it back on 91 octane.

Just stay out of the boost/ rpm and you will be fine... doesn't matter what you put in the tank.

usmc320

Established Member
I wouldn't plan on driving a used car I just bought across the country. You never know what kind of problems to expect.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I drove my Cobra home from Philly to Chicago. 90.00 plane ticket 78.00 in fuel. What better way to get acquainted with your new car than a road trip home.

Users who are viewing this thread