Driving impression on the 05 GT

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Someone stated that the 05 GT is marginally faster than an 04 GT. :bs:

I recieved mine on Thursday April 14th and on Tuesday April 19th with 180Mi. on the odometer I ran a 13.6@104 bone stock.

Since receiving the car in mid April the car now has over 550 1/4Mi. passes and aproximately 50 1/8thMi. passes on it.

Throughout the summer I've been adding more and more Steeda roadrace suspension components which should be hampering the cars ability to launch.

On Sunday October 2nd I went to the track to gather data.

I ran 3 different configurations and these were my results:

100% factory intake and software on factory tires:2.041 60ft. 8.784 1/8th [email protected]

C&L Intake with 93 Octane Tune on factory tires:1.949 60ft. 8.508 1/8th [email protected]

C&L Intake with 93 Octane tune on BFG Drag Radials: 1.842 60ft. 8.332 1/8th [email protected] on the brakes during ET Bracket eliminatons.

62821L.JPG

I continued to improve with my drag radials and further improved my times to1.869 60ft. 8.291 1/8th [email protected]

2 weeks ago I installed a set of Steeda Underdrive pullies and ran a 1.917 60ft. 8.240 1/8th [email protected] with a 7mph tailwind.

This week I installed my JBA Longtube headers and catted H-Pipe. Yesterday I went to the track and ran a:1.775 60ft. 8.113 1/8th 12.691@ 109.170 with a 3mph crosswind
62826L.JPG

If you think mine is quick I know someone who is running 12.48@ 112mph with a Steeda CAI,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Mac ProChamber, Magnapacks,SCT X-Cal II,4:10 Gears and M/T ET Streets at full weight plus a 13pc. 3D Carbon Body Kit.

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
What were you thinking, I drove a 05 mustang GT once and it really sucked compared to my modded 04 SVT cobra. So now I am going to go to thier forum amd tell them how ugly and what a dog of a car they have. Should go over pretty well, ya think.
I think the 05's look great and the performance is not bad, but should be better, but ford has to maintain a pecking order. There will be more high performance models coming and I am sure I will own one of them down the road.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
2814v said:
What were you thinking, I drove a 05 mustang GT once and it really sucked compared to my modded 04 SVT cobra. So now I am going to go to thier forum amd tell them how ugly and what a dog of a car they have. Should go over pretty well, ya think.
I think the 05's look great and the performance is not bad, but should be better, but ford has to maintain a pecking order. There will be more high performance models coming and I am sure I will own one of them down the road.

What were you thinking trying to compare an N/A GT to a modded blown SVT?
First of all I am in a section titled "Other Fast Ford Vehicles>S-197 Mustangs>Driving Impression on the 05 GT"
So I'm in the proper section.
I didn't put down anyone elses car I just gave my opinion on the S-197.
A car's looks is a matter of personal preference.
I was at the Steeda Stampeede in Fla. last month. In a week of driving around I saw 1 2005 Mustang GT.
So the likeleyhood that most people on these boards know how well these things can go is very remote.

On the other hand I have a friend with an 04 Cobra Coupe running with a catback exhaust JLT cold air intake, a pulley and a tune running 11.23@124mph. I know ther aren't too many people running those numbers on so few mods.

Don't be a hater.

2814v

Established Member
Thump_rrr said:
What were you thinking trying to compare an N/A GT to a modded blown SVT?
First of all I am in a section titled "Other Fast Ford Vehicles>S-197 Mustangs>Driving Impression on the 05 GT"
So I'm in the proper section.
I didn't put down anyone elses car I just gave my opinion on the S-197.
A car's looks is a matter of personal preference.
I was at the Steeda Stampeede in Fla. last month. In a week of driving around I saw 1 2005 Mustang GT.
So the likeleyhood that most people on these boards know how well these things can go is very remote.

On the other hand I have a friend with an 04 Cobra Coupe running with a catback exhaust JLT cold air intake, a pulley and a tune running 11.23@124mph. I know ther aren't too many people running those numbers on so few mods.

Don't be a hater.

You misunderstood my post. It was intended for the orginal poster. It's not a good idea to go to another board and bash their cars. I'm not a hater I have a 03 cobra and like the new stangs. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
2814v said:
You misunderstood my post. It was intended for the orginal poster. It's not a good idea to go to another board and bash their cars. I'm not a hater I have a 03 cobra and like the new stangs. :thumbsup:
Sorry dude,

My bad. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread