Driving after mods but before tune ?

jshababy23

Established Member
Hey guys,

Car was previously just a 2.80 upper only car, and it was tuned for that. I just put on a ported blower, 4lb lower, stage 2 fpdm, 63lb injectors, 100mm idler pulley, and tr6ix plugs all at one time. I haven't even cranked it up yet since doing everything. I also have a MAFia waiting for me at the tuner.

My question is, should I be ok driving it to the tuner? I have a diablosport hand held tuner which I could use to put there "performance tune" or whatever its called on before I drive it, or I could just leave the tune that's on it and drive it that way. Basically my plan is to drive it, staying out of boost, about an hour to the tuner where ill be dropping it off. Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or better knowledge than myself on the subject. Thanks in advance for any help!

cbr repsol

Established Member
Your tuner should be able to send u a base line tune to your email. then u can upload it to your hand held ,then to the car. Stay out of boost its only to limp the car to the shop....the other way you mentioned should not work..to my understanding it wont run right or at all with the 63# injectors u have.

saleencobra

Established Member
i did the same thing u did and it ran but i wouldnt drive an hr to a shop. i drove mine up on a trailer and off again and onto the dyno and that was about it.

if you were like 15-20 mins away u might be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread