Driving a low mileage, unmodified '97 Cobra

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Wow BAD351W you go a good deal! I honestly don't think 14k is bad for a mint condition sn95 cobra with 25k miles. Sure it's old, but it's a real nice car. I paid $9800 for mine with 57k miles, and bone stock. It's in super mint condition. People always comment on the CW paint, how it looks like it just came off the lot. Old man owned as well.

LilSeabass

Established Member
Wow BAD351W you go a good deal! I honestly don't think 14k is bad for a mint condition sn95 cobra with 25k miles. Sure it's old, but it's a real nice car. I paid $9800 for mine with 57k miles, and bone stock. It's in super mint condition. People always comment on the CW paint, how it looks like it just came off the lot. Old man owned as well.

I totally agree......$14k for low mileage...mint.......is not that bad of a price. To each their own opinion.....depends on what you like...if you like and prefer this body style over others...then you won't mind paying that price to get your hands on a clean pallet.

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
I do stay pretty busy my man, between working full time and finishing my masters my days stay full. What do you do for a living that is so much better than my job?

I was a car salesman for a few years Chevy's(don't be mad)and I would do anything to get anyone in a car for a test drive because even though people would they say they are not looking to buy right now I sold a lot of cars to these people.Looks like this is just a stepping stone for you until you get your masters, good luck in your next field of endeavor because you wouldn't have made it at any of the dealerships I worked at with that attitude.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I sell cars, im not a big enough douche' to just walk in and waste someones time. I value other peoples times and my own time.
Also how are we comparing a 300k Ferrari to a 14k sn95 cobra?

If you didnt sell cars I guarantee you wouldnt give a shit.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
If you didnt sell cars I guarantee you wouldnt give a shit.

AMEN!!

Fact is none of us here are inside this guy's head. The right salesman may have sold him on it. You have to say and do all the right things. Just because he didn't buy it and posted here doesn't mean that HE wasted the salesman's time. The point is the salesman (or maybe the sales manger) wasted the SALESMAN'S time by not closing the deal.

If you're a good salesperson you know that if someone takes enough time to even STEP ONTO A LOT, they are a potential buyer and if you don't sell them something odds are they'll buy from the guy down the street. It's called CLOSING.

Nobody should get their panties in a twist over it. The salesman in this instance needs to go work on his closing techniques for "the wife" defense.

"Buyers are LIARS!!" Have a nice day everyone!! :D

madmilar

Just bought at 98 with 36k for 11600.00 I like the body like mentioned above and would have paid more. Doe have a catback, shifter and 460 speaker swap with something amazing behind the original covers. My 97 that I totaled last month had 61k and paid 6100 for it, but needed 3k in paint an body work and it had most of the usual boltons. Oh an Hello!

PatrickSVT

Established Member
Im picking up a 97 CW Coupe this weekend, 125k, mint inside and out, old man owned and upkept, has 373s, SB connecters, steeda shifter, springs and c/c plates, xpipe and flowmaster CB, all installed by a very nice shop. Never tracked just did a few things to make it fun, paying 7400.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I sold cars for about a year I loved giving people joy rides in the cars they really wanted to drive....for one reason. I love cars and they do too. Sure it might be a "waste of time" for those 10 minutes but it's about the relationship you build. I got tons of referrals from people who I treated right. One instance, a guy came in looking for a Lexus SUV. After walking around the lot we didn't have one they wanted but talking to them I found out he always wanted a BMW 6 series. I told them to hang on and I pulled a 6 series out for him to take out. A month later he came back after we found a SUV he wanted, brought his friend who bought a Benz M Class and then bought an Infinity G37 for his daughter. If you care about your customer and you care about your product you'll stop caring about your wallet. It takes care of itself.

Users who are viewing this thread