Driving a low mileage, unmodified '97 Cobra

dlefever

OldDude
Established Member
Last week I was on a business trip to LA. A local Ford dealer had an unusual find in his lot. It was a '97 Rio Red Cobra coupe...bone stock...with less than 25K miles on the clock. I could not resist the temptation to drive the car.

Although the car was probably the nicest low mileage Cobra I had ever driven, the driving experience was less than thrilling. It's amazing how different these cars become with a supercharger, gears, exhaust and suspension work!

The dealer was asking under 14 and they REALLY wanted to deal. I resisted for fear of my wife chopping off my head with another car purchase. Now if the car was a Mystic...well that would have been a different outcome!

dlefever

OldDude
Established Member
The dealership is Pacific Ford, 3600 Cherry Ave in Long Beach, CA 90807. I'm certain that you could really negotiate on this one since the dealer told me "we've been sitting on this car for quite some time".

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
You wouldnt drive a Ferrari if you had the chance even if you werent going to drive it?

I sell cars, im not a big enough douche' to just walk in and waste someones time. I value other peoples times and my own time.
Also how are we comparing a 300k Ferrari to a 14k sn95 cobra?

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I sell cars, im not a big enough douche' to just walk in and waste someones time. I value other peoples times and my own time.

Yeah I've sold too. So he stroked him. Whatever it's better than getting stroked by some soccer mom and dad on a f**king minivan or something. Or a diesel truck etc. etc.

You're in car sales right? So you know that getting someone to become emotional about the car is the best way to close them. You're not gonna close anybody without demoing them. Joe Verde closing 101. Maybe if he was a better salesman he would have closed him, or maybe if the management didn't own the car for too much ($14k lmao) they could have made a deal. You never know

1989Gt.

Banned

Yea cause salesman are so busy on car lots these days lol.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
You wouldnt drive a Ferrari if you had the chance even if you werent going to drive it?

images

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
That's a find. But isn't that a little high?

I bought my all bone stock 96 cw convertible last year for $12,500 with 43,900 miles. It's not stock anymore but they were asking $14,500. It's a covertible too so that adds some to the price but I don't think I paid THAT much. :shrug:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I bought my all bone stock 96 cw convertible last year for $12,500 with 43,900 miles. It's not stock anymore but they were asking $14,500. It's a covertible too so that adds some to the price but I don't think I paid THAT much. :shrug:

I paid 12.5k for mine when the market was decent in 06 with 12k miles,Flowmaster catback and shifter.

BAD351W

Established Member
I paid 8300 for my 60k Black on Black Coupe with catback/intake/fr500's. I thought that was a fair price. Car is pretty cherry.

Users who are viewing this thread