Drivers seat repair common problem

Unoid

Established Member
Everyone who's has a lightning for years know that the drivers seat by the left legs wears the cushion out FAST and the metal underneath pokes out bad, then the fake suede starts to wear heavily.

What have you folks done to repair it? Take it to a shop and say open it up, fix the cushioning and restitch it?

Whats the cost for the repair?

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Did yours wear all the way trhough? Mine looked close, but when I cut off the rod and sanded that spot on the seat cover you can't even see it anymore.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've seen people repair the foam and use some higher density foam in certain wear places to prevent it from prematurely wearing again. The best thing to can do is step in and out of the truck instead of sliding across the seat.

Unoid

Established Member
I already step in and in. But if I pres down on the spot I feel metal. I'd like to fix it somehow.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
If the material is not torn you can cut off the bar and re-glue the split in the foam. I can't feel a difference when I am sitting in the seat.

Lucke55

Established Member
I just fixed this problem. I bent the bar down with a c-clamp about an inch or so (or you can remove it like everyone else mentioned). Get some high density foam and spray adhesive to repair the hole. I also glued a layer of burlap to the underside of the foam to resist wear in the future. Good luck

Unoid

Established Member
Did ya'll unstitch the seat to get at it or is there a better way?

Users who are viewing this thread