Drive or take the train?

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
I have a trip from CT to PA that i have to make late next week, and i was wondering what would be more affordable, the train or the cobra.
I normally would fly, but its too late to get a good price on a ticket. The train is $108 round trip. What do you guys think the gas costs might be?
It's an odd question, i know, but i cant seem to make a decision on my own.

Thanks.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
It takes me about a tank of gas to go from New Haven, CT to Philly, so gas would probably be cheaper, but don't forget to add tolls through NYC, NJ, and PA.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
And don't forget wear on the tires, and accumulated mileage on the car. Also, when you get there, will you have to pay for taxi or rental car? Parking? Factor these costs into the decision.

Generally, I found it cheaper to rent a car or travel by commercial transit on anything over 100 miles.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
take the train then get a taxi....

Well, i'd be picked up at the station by my friend, so transportation after the train isnt an issue.

I guess i'll go with the train, thanks guys!

mcflysvt04

Established Member
Y&ou bought the Cobra to drive it. Thats what its made for. Unless its going to snow take the car & enjoy yourself. Its not a piece of art its a car which needs to be driven. Why did you buy it to look at it or drive it? I have 20k on a 04 Cobra. And Ive enjoyed every mile

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1268Melberger said:
Cobra would be alot more fun!!
Heck yeah! Last year I had to make two trips to PA and one to NJ and I thought maybe I should take my wife's car and not rack up miles or risk paint chips on the highway. I decided to take the Cobra all three times. Loved it each time! I bought it to drive it. Plain and simple. :rolling:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Gas, tolls, front of your car getting sand blasted, possible cracked windshield, not to mention wear and tear. I'd take the train. :rolling:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I drive my Cobra whenever I can, but having done Philly to NYC a million times in many cars, I could never call it fun. It's getting stuck in traffic, avoiding speeding tickets and paying outrageous tolls.

Take the train.

Users who are viewing this thread