Drive cycle

ante

Established Member
I am having trouble passing at the DMV here in DE. I had to clear out a few codes and now they tell me that the car is not ready because the car did not complete a drive cycle.
So I drove around for about 60 miles in a few days and went back. Guess what? The car still did not complete a drive cycle.

Does anyone know a short cut to perform a drive cycle on a 2007 GT 500.

Thanks

jenkins_1120

Established Member
maybe more miles i had a cherokee that the same thing happend but it only took like 50 or so miles and it was fine to pass. are you trying to pass emissions? im guessing

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
send an email to BJ (VNMOUS1) he had a good write up on this not too long ago if I remember. I think you need between 1/2 and 3/4 tank of fuel for one, and its not just a mileage thing...

91svtbird

Established Member
I am having trouble passing at the DMV here in DE. I had to clear out a few codes and now they tell me that the car is not ready because the car did not complete a drive cycle.
So I drove around for about 60 miles in a few days and went back. Guess what? The car still did not complete a drive cycle.

Does anyone know a short cut to perform a drive cycle on a 2007 GT 500.

Thanks

Do you have an aftermarket tune in the car? If so it could be that something is shut off in the tune like the rear o2's, cat monitor, cat temp switch or even the EGR. If anything in the Evap system is turned off you will not complete the drive cycle.

If not then:
A drive cycle usually consists of at least one if not two complete cycles of :

1) A cold start idle for 15-29 seconds
2) drive at 40mph for 4 min to warm up engine
3)drive at 40-60 mph (straight as possible) steady pedal for 10 min
4) stop and go traffic 25-35 mph for 10 min
5) accelerate from 0-35-45 1/2 throttle (3times)
6) accelerate from 0-50 1/2 throttle and let off then coast to 40mph closed throttle with no brakes (repeat 3 times)
7)park vehicle for 8hrs then repeat steps 1-6

Hope you get this worked out.:beer:

Last edited:

Aonebadbone

Established Member
I will have a smog due next year and plian to return to stock tune and put stock filter back on. JLT doesn't have a carb sticker so it won't pass visual

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
I had the same problem recently here in Virginia. "Not Ready" for emissions. I tried EVERYTHING, including several different "emissions" tunes. Did the Ford drive cycle, but it still didn't work. Ended up registering the car in Florida (no emissions/inspection). Here is the link to the drive cycle, but don't get your hopes up, especially if your car is modded like mine. It sounds like Delaware has similar emissions standards.

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I had the same problem recently here in Virginia. "Not Ready" for emissions. I tried EVERYTHING, including several different "emissions" tunes. Did the Ford drive cycle, but it still didn't work. Ended up registering the car in Florida (no emissions/inspection). Here is the link to the drive cycle, but don't get your hopes up, especially if your car is modded like mine. It sounds like Delaware has similar emissions standards.

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

You have to have 1/2-3/4 of a tank of fuel for it to work. No, I'm not joking.
Try it.

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Here in Tennessee, I went to emissions twice and got a "Not ready" reading both times. Not sure how much gas was in the tank, but thinkk that Jon turned off my rear 02 sensors even though I run the OEM midpipe. I need to get a tune revision for the once a year mandatory inspection that we have to do down here.

Users who are viewing this thread