Drive Club - PS4

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
been some discussions in the COD thread. It was requested to make a new thread for this topic so here it is.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/driveclub-ps4/

Join A Club
Get more by playing within a Club and gain access to more special challenges and PS4 racing. Join an existing Club or create your own and team up with up to five other drivers. Everything they do helps you, and everything you do helps the Club achieve more. Unite together and represent your Club with customized team colors and logos for your cars.

Earn Accolades & Fame
Completing objectives and challenges, winning races, driving in every location or beating Faceoffs will all contribute to you and your Club earning Accolades. Accolades give you and your Club a multiplier to the Fame earned in every race, allowing you and your Club to unlock new content and take part in more races.

Take on Faceoffs & Challenges
Constant and varied challenges keep the game feeling fresh and unique, offering a pick-up-and-play gaming experience to suit every player’s lifestyle. Every section of every track offers a new opportunity to Faceoff with another racer in the DRIVECLUB community to earn Fame for you and your Club. Customize your experience by creating your own challenges, and share them with the world.

The World’s Coolest Cars
Hand-picked for their power and beauty, each of the cars in DRIVECLUB is a pleasure to drive, recreated with an insane level of detail and accuracy both inside and out. Personally customize the cars in your garage to show off your unique look or represent your Club’s colors out on the track.

Stay Connected with the MyDRIVECLUB App
No matter where you are in the world, you and your friends can stay connected 24/7 with the iOS and Android MyDRIVECLUB app. Keep pace with your Club’s performance, watch the races live as they happen, set and send challenges, plus check out all of the latest and greatest from the DRIVECLUB world.

Stunning Real-World Locations
Inspired by real-world roads from diverse regions across the globe, the racing tracks in DRIVECLUB present a variety of different challenges for every driver. Practice technical maneuvers on the open, fast-paced freeways of Canada, check your reflexes on the unpredictable UK roadways, or sharpen your high-speed steering skills on the mountain and dust-filled roads in India.

im picking mine up tomorrow at launch Oct, 7 2014

hopefully ill see you guys online.

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
reserved for PSN names list

SVTP name | PSN name

VenomousSVT | VenomousSVT
svtfocus2cobra | SLTHR03
Zemedici | Josh_Zeman
DaBigBone | Dabigbone
SVT_4_me | TheSnakeJake
Gus00SVTL | DBGUS
Cruzmach1 | jcruz29
imstillclowning | Agony_Bluewaffle

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'll probably pick up on this eventually to hopefully join up with the old COD crew again. My internet doesn't get hooked up in my new apartment til the 14th though. SLTHR03 if you all forgot. :rolling:

Zemedici

Established Member
i'll probably snag it up tomorrow too - I'm bored with Destiny. :beer:

Add me - Josh_Zeman

DaBigBone

Established Member
Already pre ordered and downloaded. Just waiting for launch! Username is Dabigbone

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Awesome!!! I'm just curious how it compares to GT6 which I still enjoy.

Edit: Not sure if there is a better forum, but here's one you can follow for updates and whatnot: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/driveclub/

i didnt even buy gt6 because it wasnt out for ps4. I bought my ps4 in march and own Knack.. thats the only game ive bought so its been sitting on a shelf being unused for months now!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
is this game more like GT or forza horizon? I might grab a copy too

not crazy about the initial car list...

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
is this game more like GT or forza horizon? I might grab a copy too

not crazy about the initial car list...
To be short.. neither… Its an arcade sim. BEAUTIFUL graphics, easily the best looking racing game. However.. that is the only praise…. Driving physics is crap, think NFS with some small improvements in areas.

Good to see my hopes went down weeks ago, I played the PS+ version. No dynamic weather either for those that didn't know. If you enjoyed PGR on Xbox, you will feel right at home with this game. Time to pick up NBA 2k15

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
To be short.. neither… Its an arcade sim. BEAUTIFUL graphics, easily the best looking racing game. However.. that is the only praise…. Driving physics is crap, think NFS with some small improvements in areas.

Good to see my hopes went down weeks ago, I played the PS+ version. No dynamic weather either for those that didn't know. If you enjoyed PGR on Xbox, you will feel right at home with this game. Time to pick up NBA 2k15

How have u played the ps+ version? I cant find it anywhere on the store. Only the retail version

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How have u played the ps+ version? I cant find it anywhere on the store. Only the retail version
Just asked my brother, you're right, it was the retail version lol Didnt know since I thought it was limited to single play. It wouldn't connect to play against other people. Guess the servers are down already, what a bad launch.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member

I Def hate hearing a bad review... I had such high hopes.. Especially when you made the nfs comparison, that just made me puke in my mouth. I don't necessarily need to have a formal competitor, although that would've been nice. But I will say I loved the original and second PGR.. just fun and not over the top challenging.. So hearing that comparison put a little glimmer of hope back into my eyes.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I Def hate hearing a bad review... I had such high hopes.. Especially when you made the nfs comparison, that just made me puke in my mouth. I don't necessarily need to have a formal competitor, although that would've been nice. But I will say I loved the original and second PGR.. just fun and not over the top challenging.. So hearing that comparison put a little glimmer of hope back into my eyes.
I played it for an hour or two so my mood might change but I was happy to play a racing game on PS4 which I expected a lot only to come out disappointed. Over hyped it myself? Possibly. The car sounds were ok but the tires screeches were horrible. Yup, it did remind a lot of PGR which was another arcade game which is what I meant as a NFS game (the newer one's that is) as well since I saw no customization either. There's no open world or track just simple GT style which may be a plus for some or negative.

I guess I was just expecting it to be a different game. Cant say anything for online since it wasnt working when I tried it which is why I thought it was the PS+ version.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I played it for an hour or two so my mood might change but I was happy to play a racing game on PS4 which I expected a lot only to come out disappointed. Over hyped it myself? Possibly. The car sounds were ok but the tires screeches were horrible. Yup, it did remind a lot of PGR which was another arcade game which is what I meant as a NFS game (the newer one's that is) as well since I saw no customization either. There's no open world or track just simple GT style which may be a plus for some or negative.

I guess I was just expecting it to be a different game. Cant say anything for online since it wasnt working when I tried it which is why I thought it was the PS+ version.

Hmmm, hopefully Project Cars is where it's at?

Steve@CJPP

Hmmm, hopefully Project Cars is where it's at?
a buddy of mine is working on this game and I think it's going to be the new must have.

His latest screen shots from his work.

Hexisfull_zpsf71e59ee.png

2014-05-20_00009_zps91bca444.jpg

04svtterm

Established Member
i thought this was the PS4 response to Forza till GT6 or 7 will be released?

So it plays like an arcade racer? ggheeeyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread