drilling the thermostat

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I'm doing the crossover delete on my mach, and moving the thermostat up top. It was recommended to drill 3x 3/16 holes in the 180* stat. This seems a bit excessive, what can you guys recommend to me for this? Does there need to be flow past this stat since I'm removing the bypass?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It's gonna fully open when reaching it operating temp... I'm not a fan of drilling stats and neither is Joel and I'd trust his opinion For Sure.... Consider using one of his 170's if your worried about running hot

I'm doing the crossover delete on my mach, and moving the thermostat up top. It was recommended to drill 3x 3/16 holes in the 180* stat. This seems a bit excessive, what can you guys recommend to me for this? Does there need to be flow past this stat since I'm removing the bypass?

In the event you aren't familiar with who Joel is what t-stat he makes, its available right here:

Reische Performance FORD-4D 170° Performance Thermostat - Thermostats - Cooling - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Use coupon code: SVTPERF at checkout and get an additional 5% off the purchase.

I've done the t-stat drilling myself. It doesn't perform like his innovative piece.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Sorry guys, I should have mentioned that the inline housing from ModularSpeed Im running uses a small block GM style stat.

Users who are viewing this thread