dried was on rubber removal?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Did a search and came up empty. Just bought a used car and somebody decided to wax over just about every rubber seal around the car. What are my options for removal. I figured I would just use some soapy water and a soft toothbrush and lots of elbow grease!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Mothers back to black

I think I still have a little left in the garage. I'll try that first thing in the morning. apply and scrub a little?

Ever use turtle wax liquid ice on black plastic? I've had good luck with it in the past on my wifes caliber (cheapo plastic accross the roof even on her srt4 model)

ferfont1

Established Member
dried was on rubber removal?
3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
!!!!

this will sound weird. but back to black doesnt remove it just a temp. ive never tryed mineral spirits could work. but PEANUT BUTTER gets it off like a charm. the oil in peanut butter takes wax right off. its a messy delicious job that you can eat and work at the same time. just apply let it sit for a little and rinse off that's it.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Peanut butter and ants, tiny ants. Smear peanut butter all over your car, sprinkle a couple hundred industrious ants over smeared area, sit back and watch.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Peanut butter. I never knew that. That would seem to then be the easiest method of removing the wax.

04spinbra

Established Member
I used to get wax on the black plastic of the mirror on my gmc and I would you spray foam tire shine! It would take it off! But never used it on the rubber pieces!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Gotta get creamy not crunchy :rolling:

:lol::lol::lol:

I used to get wax on the black plastic of the mirror on my gmc and I would you spray foam tire shine! It would take it off! But never used it on the rubber pieces!

I picked up some wax/tar remover made by rustoleum. Its for pre and post paint work. Says to use prior to wet sanding etc. I just sprayed a little on an old toothbrush and srubbed. Came right off! Went back and put some colonite down making sure to not sling it all over the rubber seals and it looks great.

4a2a98ba.jpg

c054d798.jpg

54bcfb2d.jpg

little friend came to watch the work
ff76b28a.jpg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Try using peanut oil instead of peanut butter. Same results, less mess. On the downside, no sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread