Dremel stock GT front grille

corruptor

Established Member
Has anybody dremel'd the stock GT front grille to remove the excess honeycomb sections for improved airflow? I prefer the stock GT foglight look over the Saleen grille I currently have but don't want airflow to suffer since I'm going to install a TVS soon.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Has anybody dremel'd the stock GT front grille to remove the excess honeycomb sections for improved airflow? I prefer the stock GT foglight look over the Saleen grille I currently have but don't want airflow to suffer since I'm going to install a TVS soon.

i thought about doing this but ive been on the lazy train lately

madtrav2003

Horsepower Whore
Established Member
I did this to mine. I have the roush tvs and only lowerd the iat's my 2 degrees. not that big of a gain but the trimming was tedious. I would recommend it to take full potential of that CAI.

corruptor

Established Member
I did this to mine. I have the roush tvs and only lowerd the iat's my 2 degrees. not that big of a gain but the trimming was tedious. I would recommend it to take full potential of that CAI.

How much time did you think it took you? Any tips? Did you need any special attachments? I only have a standard dremel and cutting wheel.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I did it to my grill on my 2013 gt. Took about 15 minutes. The issue is once you start cutting, the plastic is lighter under the surface of the plastic where you cut and it is hard to not nick other parts of the grill while your cutting so you wind up with light spots all over your grill. this can easily be solved with some flat black spray paint though.

corruptor

Established Member
I did it to my grill on my 2013 gt. Took about 15 minutes. The issue is once you start cutting, the plastic is lighter under the surface of the plastic where you cut and it is hard to not nick other parts of the grill while your cutting so you wind up with light spots all over your grill. this can easily be solved with some flat black spray paint though.

Would an xacto knife or work instead of a power tool?

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
Maybe, but its thick plastic. A dremel or similar on low speed would work best

A boss grille is hard plastic and I can't think of a knife that would cut that.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member

Pics? I did mine, but don't have pics of it. Wanted to compare.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I ended up just taking out both of my fog lights in the stock GT grille since the drivers side is a direct feed into the CAI funnel. Dont notice a difference but sure couldnt hurt, also i have the boss front so have fogs down there anyways.

-Thomas

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

Can you please post a pic? I want to do this to my 13 also

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
.....uh kinda like buying a 34k car and changing the wheels and suspension…:rollseyes

Really? Upgrading the wheels to a larger size and lowering the car is the same as cutting something on it when there are tons of grille choices out there?

Funny, I don't see people with high end cars taking a dremel to them, but they buy wheels and suspension too. :loser:

alex12gt

Established Member
I cant see this adding a even a tiny difference if you want to lower temps pick up a different heat exchanger ive actually got one on the way for my tvs

whatwhine

Established Member
What about those of us who just want the grill to look good? I hate it being partially filled in. I want a better grille but don't want to move my fogs

Graboid

Established Member
really? Upgrading the wheels to a larger size and lowering the car is the same as cutting something on it when there are tons of grille choices out there?

Funny, i don't see people with high end cars taking a dremel to them, but they buy wheels and suspension too. :loser:

y

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread