Dragon throttle body and plenum install issues

Pollardhimself

Established Member
Got a issue installing my dragon throttle body and plenum, the iac is hitting the spark plug cover and the pcv value hose isn't long enough. Any idea's :shrug:

Last edited:

shb5007

Established Member
I know the IAC touched a bit on my coil covers, I think its normal.

I added a bit of heat resistant adhesive foam on my coil cover.

Pollardhimself

Established Member
Sometimes they will hit on the coil covers. Put it on, and as your tightening pull up on the TB, that made mine clear once it was all said and done and is actually what the instructions say to do to gain clearance when needed.

Instructions what are those?:lol1:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I had no problem with the hose, but used a grinder to remove a very small amount of material from the plenum boss so that it would not hit the coil cover. Worked fine.

TRBO VNM

Instructions I received with mine said you might have to trim the coil cover to gain clearance. Luckily I have low profile covers so mine clears without issue.

Is that the stock intake tube? I know it has the stock clamp and coupler. Looks to be stock, but just wanted to confirm. You can always just get a longer piece of heater hose for it.

badazzebz06

Established Member
Bro I'm sorry got pcv and iac mixed up

For pcv yes cap off on intake tube and get breather

For iac hook it in the other way to the plenum meaning unbolt it and revolt it in the opposite way it will work and as far as the tps sensor cord and iac cord simply cut the heat shielding from those cords and they will fit I know cause I've done this myself

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread