Drag wheels

Eng90

Established Member
Hey guys,

A couple of friends wants to get drag wheels, where new to drag wheels and would like to know the difference between brands ??

What i know for now is there is rcae star, weld racing and sve drag wheels?

Kman11

Established Member
I can't tell you the difference between them, but i do have a set of SVE's and like them alot. No issues at all, and they look great.

GrabUblue

Established Member
I've had the Sve and now have the welds. Welds feel just as heavy. Just pick what you like and go with it.

Eng90

Established Member
After reading .... i read these problems ..

Some ppl had welds that is not symetrical ... race stars strips threads on wheels studs ... sve i dnt think ive seen negative reviews of yet

But since you guys been using these wheel for years now .. which ones that i can go for facing no problems and which will make problems later on ???

AutoRed5.0

Established Member
I have Racestars polished 15x8's
I love the wheel but there is no way you can leave them on the car for a few days and the wheels not tarnish, my wheels have water and dirt stains that refuse to come off, I have tried EVERYTHING, even the expensive polish and it will not come out, These wheels are meant literally to put on and take off at the track and also Yes there Direct Lugs will strip the studs
Mines strip about 4 studs and counting

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I've had all three with no issues. I weighed my current SVE wheels vs my buddies Weld RTS's and they were very close in weight. I'm talking a lb or two. However, even though the SVE's and Racestars look nice, the Welds are in another league in regards to looks. On the flip side though, with the SVE's, I wasn't shy about having them painted and wont be shy about switching up the color at times either. Where as I don't think I could bring myself to change the color on some Welds.

vortecd

Established Member
All depends on looks or cost. I went with cost My SVE drag wheels were bought to be used at the track. Biggest reason was to have a set of tires that hook and the weight savings is nice. I paid $475 for my 17x4.5 and 15x10 on black Friday from LMR and they use the stock lug nuts. Couldn't come close to that with any other wheels

paulyboy928

Established Member
Just depends on what you want and your price range. Welds are popular for a reason, though. They're a quality piece, light, and (for most people) good looking.

Eng90

Established Member
Yes but if welds and sve both almost dame weight and both have bo problems then i think ill be going for sve.

Does the sve wheels strip stud bolts too ??

Can any1 give share the exact weight on each so that we all have this thread as a reference .. ?

Users who are viewing this thread