Drag Radials on a DD

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
check out the fairly new line with mickey thompsons.. i hear the do not promote wheel hop like the nittos and they are just all around a whole heck of a lot better then the bfgs and nittos - nittos especially, since bfgs are good, they just don't last quite as long as the MT's... the MT's are the ET Street Radials

CobraKid04

Established Member
S.V.T.
Do either of thoes tires from mickey thompson work in the rain like the nittos do? Sorry for the newb questions.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
personally i would say that no drag radial, drag tire, nitto, MT, hoosier... whatever tire that is made for drag racing that is or isn't DOT approved does not work in the rain.. there are many horror stories on svtp of people with drag rads or drags in the wetness.. :nono:
so i would say, no they won't work in the rain, whate-so-ever.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
ive only had my nittos in the rain once, and it was plum scary, rear of the car was movin side to side on the highway..... i dont drive it in the rain, just got caught that nite... you can tip toe in them. bout all

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
after some thought i think i'm gonna buy some 17x10.5 reps and put some nice tires on them.. they buy two rear rims and put wrinkle walls.. no sense for me in going to drag radials every other oil change and worrying about rain and the elements cuz she's my DD...

Users who are viewing this thread