Drag Racing : Ford Racing Cobra Jet Vs. GRC Fiesta ST :: Video Inside

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 31, 2013 — On one side, you have a 2013 Cobra Jet – a 5.0L V8 powerplant with a Ford Racing-built Whipple 2.9L Supercharger. On the other is a Ford Fiesta ST Competition Car – a 2.0L, 550+ horsepower engine with an OMSE gearbox with custom ratios.

For fun, we took one of each to zMAX Dragway at Charlotte Motor Speedway, with drivers Roy Hill and Tanner Foust, just to see how the two would compare on the quarter-mile.

“I hit sixth gear before I was even halfway down the track,” said Foust as he recapped racing his GRC Fiesta ST on a dragstrip for the first time. “As I was hitting the rev limiter, I could already hear Roy laughing.”

The Cobra Jet has dominated the NHRA’s Factory Stock Showdown since the race’s inception two years ago. The GRC Fiesta ST has won three consecutive GRC Championships in 2011-2013 and has been on the X Games podium around the world, from the US to Germany.

All-wheel-drive versus rear-wheel-drive. Ample displacement versus small displacement and more boost. Cunning maneuverability versus Pure Muscle.

The race was closer than you’d think.

Cobra%20Jet%20Vs.%20FiST%201.jpg

Cobra%20Jet%20Vs.%20FiST%202.jpg

-SID297:beer:

lucheski

Established Member
roy is a good driver regardless of his weight, I doubt many here would run a better time if thrown the keys to his cobrajet. That fiesta is impressive, with some different gearing it would be even more so in the quarter mile

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
roy is a good driver regardless of his weight, I doubt many here would run a better time if thrown the keys to his cobrajet. That fiesta is impressive, with some different gearing it would be even more so in the quarter mile

Everyone knows the man has skills... He also has about 150lbs that he could lose as well. With his skill that's a good 2/10ths of a second he could shave off.

SD_Stang

Established Member
Roy has skills that shows in his time and it was a "For Fun" run no need to talk neagtive about the guy. roy's run was textbook.

Good run by Tanner for that little Fiesta poping off the limiter to at the end he would have gotten closer to a 10 flat perhaps with better gearing.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Wait, are you guys REALLY bashing the dude on his WEIGHT?!?!

WTF happened to you? Ya turn into women and synch your damn periods?? Holy hell!!

Badass vid and badass cars.

As for the "Sandy Vag Society", you make me:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread