Drag Race Helmets in So. Cal?

thelastz28

American Muscle
Established Member
Where can I get a damn racing helmet in southern california? I've been calling all over the place. No one seems to sell these things. Please help. Need helmet for drags on Thursday. Thanks.

svtguy22

Established Member
Any DOT approved helmet should work... Actually I think you need a special rating for drag racing. Hmm...

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
at least at the dale they say sa2000 approved, i have a m2000 (motorcycle helmet) i took it to fontana and they checked it, no problem there, it was around 100 dollars online

hcj makes it

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the simpson main store is in torrance

kinda spendy tho

good luck - you going to irwindale? i gotta get back there on thursdays :beer:

thelastz28

American Muscle
Established Member
Thanks a lot guys. Yeah I try to go the Irwindale Speedway on Thursdays. They told me I needed a helmet. :( I got into the 8.5x in the 1/8th mile.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
yea dale = irwindale, i needed a helmet with the 5.0 so i got one online, i'd reccomend just going to a motorcycle shop though, f-ing thing took like 2 weeks to get to my house, only used it a couple times, pretty sure i'll need it with the mach though

thelastz28

American Muscle
Established Member
Slo65, the Mach 1 should be faster than the 5.0. Are you going today to the dale? :bash: So I can get a chance against a Mach 1... and lose.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
thelastz28 said:
Slo65, the Mach 1 should be faster than the 5.0. Are you going today to the dale? :bash: So I can get a chance against a Mach 1... and lose.

yea it's way faster topend wise, but off the line doesnt stand much of a chance with the 5.0 and its gears/mickey thompsons :shrug:

dude you have an ellis juan :thumbsup: it'd be a good race, thats the thing about the dale, there's not much room to catchup, i beat many a faster car in the 5.0

as for the mach, i'm aiming for an 8.5-8.6 stock, i hope i get it

best i went in the 5.0 was an 8.50, stock motor + boltons, not all that fast, but i was good off the tree :D

thelastz28

American Muscle
Established Member
Slo65, Mach 1's run 8.5-8.6 stock? Thats pretty damn fast. The fastest I've gotten was 8.57 not stock. Hooker LT's and ORY. GMMG cat-back. SLP air lid. And K&N filters. My A4 gears suck (2.73's).

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
helmet115nc.jpg

helmet47xv.jpg

helmet53fo.jpg

Last edited:

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I bought mine off ebay, I paid $25 for it. Oddly enough, no one else was bidding on a brand new pink and purple motorcycle helmet. :shrug: It's SNELL 2000 so it gets me through tech.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
the simpson main store is in torrance

kinda spendy tho

good luck - you going to irwindale? i gotta get back there on
thursdays :beer:

Hope you don’t race with all that stuff in your trunk :-D :-D

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
thelastz28 said:
Slo65, Mach 1's run 8.5-8.6 stock? Thats pretty damn fast. The fastest I've gotten was 8.57 not stock. Hooker LT's and ORY. GMMG cat-back. SLP air lid. And K&N filters. My A4 gears suck (2.73's).

eh the thing is traction sucks with the stock gatorbacks :D

friend went 8.6 stock with his 03 mach, he's a good driver, that was a 2.0 60' i think, the thing about irwindale is it hooks well, i call it the house of hook :pepper: , but anywho man i'll send you a pm or something, i havent been out to the dale in months (somewhat new job, crap schedule) :bored:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
CobraGirlSVT said:
I bought mine off ebay, I paid $25 for it. Oddly enough, no one else was bidding on a brand new pink and purple motorcycle helmet. :shrug: It's SNELL 2000 so it gets me through tech.

imagine that :idea: :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread