Drag Performance: Estimates?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
[Adapted from an SVT Focus thread...]

I am an SVT Countour (CVTF) newbie. What are some of the better...

60' times?
1/8 mile times?
1/4 miles times?
1/4 MPH?

...of the CVTF? An estimate is fine. What have you guys done? Is there a 12-second CVTF here in the forum?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
best 60' - 2.39
best 1/4 stock - 15.49
best 1/4 mph stock - 90

Best time not stock (45ish hp N2O, 75mm MAF, Bassani Xhaust, clogged cats slipping clutch)
1/4 time - 14.7
1/4 trap - 95

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Thanks Ryan. Searching for CSVT on the web led me to Mondeo links which led me to the Boss 290 Ford GT which led me to the Holden site which led me nowhere near any useful info for the CSVT...

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I know Steve (sweetsvt99) ran a 15.3@92 bone stock in EXTREMELY humid air. Dewpoints were in the mid 70's! So with a good driver a 15.1 or 15.2 looks feasable.:beer:

Dustyn

Established Member
15.1 is right on thats what I ran before all my mods. @91 mph something like that. Once at the track did my trans in but I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
02JSVT ran 15.1 all the time in his with just a CAI.

Green SVT

Established Member
From what I've seen, decent drivers wil get about15.1-15.2. Average are usually 15.5-15.8. I've heard of a couple 14.9s but I can't verify.

-R-

Mystic 544

Established Member
Jay used to piss me off all the time at Byron...we would cut similar lights, I would 60' him but he would pull me at the end of the track.
Mine is good for high 15.2's to lots of 15.3 at 91/92 mph 60' in the mid 2.1's on the Comp TA's (could never get 2.0x)
Always thought she would be fun at a twisty track!

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Mystic 544
Jay used to piss me off all the time at Byron...we would cut similar lights, I would 60' him but he would pull me at the end of the track.
Mine is good for high 15.2's to lots of 15.3 at 91/92 mph 60' in the mid 2.1's on the Comp TA's (could never get 2.0x)
Always thought she would be fun at a twisty track!
Wait a minute. Let me get this right. You cut a 2.1 60' in a CSVT on STREET tires? Please inform me how. I have yet to see anyone do that.

-R-

Sharkey

Established Member
Dustyn, Did you install the Quaife yourself or have it shopped out? I am going to do the same next summer, along with the flywheel and clutch. I have a fairly good idea what's going on with the car, but not sure if a LSD is in my range.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
0-60mph: 6.2 sec
0-100mph: ~15 sec
Constant G: .95

Best 60': 2.23

My best run
60': 2.30
330: 6.30
1/8: 9.57 @ 75.6
1000: 12.35
1/4: 14.68 @ 96

No nitrous... :burn: :D :burnout:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
HAHAHAHAH shutup :p

You don't count demon.............I know your track is really down hill :p

Mystic 544

Established Member
Please inform me how. I have yet to see anyone do that.

This is what worked for me...lower the pressure to 15-17lbs in front and pump up the rear to 40lbs, deep stage, feather out the clutch and when she grips floor it and flip through the gears. Don't get me wrong, she never got in the low 2.1's mostly in the upper range. Always thought these cars could do better in the 1/4, felt like they fell on their face towards the end of the track. Don't know if it is the gear ratio on aero factors or maybe they just don't get enough air & fuel:shrug:

Demon...nice times!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Mystic544, you are in Elgin and Im in St. Charles. Ive seen your stang before. Email me at [email protected] and we can get together and cruize in our Cobra's if the weather is good. I have a lot of buddies with nice cars.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by Mystic 544
This is what worked for me...
1. lower the pressure to 15-17lbs in front and pump up the rear to 40lbs,
2. deep stage,
3. feather out the clutch
4. when she grips floor it and flip through the gears.
5. Thought these cars could do better in the 1/4, felt like they fell on their face towards the end of the track.

That's nearly 100% wrong.

1. NEVER lower the tire pressure on low profile street radials! (heck any radial tire) It actually takes away from your contact patch because the center of the tire is no longer pressed to the ground. Plus it greatly increases rolling resistance which in turn slows you down
We are not talking about bias ply drag slicks nor getting a cushion for front to back weight transfer. These are street radial tires that put their best contact patch down from 32psi on up.

2. Not! This will actually slow your ET down at every stage. 60' time the most!!! It gives you less to to get rolling before you trip the lights. Deep staging is ONLY good for getting a good reaction time. It's the worst thing you can do for getting a good ET.
Always Shallow stage. Barely trip the bottom light.

3. I agree here to some extent. However there is a fine line between feathering the clutch and slipping the clutch so much it doesn't hold the power. Also feathering implies actually moving the pedal up and down while launching. Not going to happen with a normal clutch. You will just generate excess heat and cause it to slip on it's own.
The best thing to do is a quick easy slip of the clutch while launching from a moderate rpm (3000rpm is good for most)

4. Quick smooth (linear) depressing of the pedal. Flooring it will just induce wheel spin or worse. WHEEL HOP! Finding that edge of traction is one thing, but crossing it is nasty!

5. Then either yours is serious defective or you have not driven one. These cars excel on the top end. It's the lower end that is the hard part. (I.E. 3000lbs, low torque, and FWD) On the top end we track down a lot of other cars.

I didn't believe your claims of 2.1 60' times before and now I certain don't buy any others you may have as well.

To date only 3 "known" people have hit 2.0x 60' times. 1 with quaife & DR's, 1 with DR's (and 5k+ clutch slip), and one with some special components (mounts & torque strap & 15's - IIRC) in a lighter SE. (with Nitrous)
Only one has ever repeated it. (CB99SVT)

No one else has even hit 2.1's.

I launch quite exceptional if I do say so myself and my best is low 2.2's on the smaller 215/50's. I did crack a 2.29 on my new 225/50's, but they are a good 1" taller so it will be hard to reproduce much better times then my previous best; yet hit 2.1's without getting wheel hop first. That's with them being ~1" wider too!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
HAHAHAHAH shutup :p

You don't count demon.............I know your track is really down hill :p

Actually it's deeply rutted and slightly up hill half the track.

Not to mention the starting line is so uneven it makes you roll back out of the lights if you let off the brake. :eek:

I did that one run.

Started rolling back out of the light and hit the brake. Sure as hell the tree came down.

Nice 2.60 60' time. :rollseyes I still caught the Maxima next to me and beat him 14.9 to 15.2 by the end of the track.

Man was he pissed. :burn: :coolman:

Green SVT

Established Member
Demon, I agree with you except on #5. These cars do seem to go flat the faster they go. Evidenced by my 86mph trap speed. When I'm rolling, the car seems to have a sweet spot from 90-115mph but thats about it. I take exceptional care of my car so I know there isn't anything wrong. Yet. IMO, some of these cars were over rated from the factory. I'm 99% sure that I'm closer to 185hp than 200hp. Even still, my car is capable of mid-low 15s. Makes me think some of the people with these cars just can't drive.

-R-

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
Demon, I agree with you except on #5. These cars do seem to go flat the faster they go. Evidenced by my 86mph trap speed. When I'm rolling, the car seems to have a sweet spot from 90-115mph but thats about it. I take exceptional care of my car so I know there isn't anything wrong. Yet. IMO, some of these cars were over rated from the factory. I'm 99% sure that I'm closer to 185hp than 200hp. Even still, my car is capable of mid-low 15s. Makes me think some of the people with these cars just can't drive.

-R-

Well Green usually means Genius, but Green contours are always slower than black or silver :)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'd have to agree. I dynoed at 157ish on a mobile dyno. Granted most guys said their cars dynoed low on it, but i was disappointed, yet I still managed a 15.49 @ 89 bone stock.... I was happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread