Dr. Angus should be sued.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Just tried that Burger King Angus burger and was not impressed. The meat was nice and tender as an angus meat should be, but to me it had no taste at all. Even a Whopper tastes better than it. Hardee's Thickburger has a better seasoned taste IMO.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Never had the Burger King one, Hardees one is good. Whoppers are awesome though :thumbsup: Although I haven't had one of those in a long time.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Originally posted by wals9331
In theory it should have less taste..less fat = less taste :)

True but when I make burgers I get the 2% fat ground beef and sure does taste a hell of a lot better than fast food burgers. I figure that the reason they don't taste as good is that their meat is all made from one or two different suppliers that ship their meat to all their fast food places around the world, and that I am a superior chef.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ampstang, i dont think you can compare store bought beef to fast food beef...too different leagues...but i am not doubting your cooking skilz :)

03DOHC

Established Member
I tried one last week and it wasn't too bad. It needs more onions and they need to lose the lettuce crap. The ultimate cheeseburger from jack in the box is better. :)

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Hardee's sourdough bacon & swiss. Dr. Black Angus can go lick some black Anus. And I hate how those commercials have him acting like the Tom Cruise character in Magnolia. Leading the seminar going "Respect the Angus! Respect the BEEF!"

The whole macho-man-eats-real-beef bit is so cliche. I should go into advertising.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by SanDiego01Snake
In N Out > all other fast food places. :D

Mna I wish we had them here in Ohio. Whenever we go to Las Vegas we hit up the In & Out. Awesome food for fast food, killer fries.

UCBeau

Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
Mna I wish we had them here in Ohio. Whenever we go to Las Vegas we hit up the In & Out. Awesome food for fast food, killer fries.
When I used to live in Prescott, AZ, I craved In N Out, and whenever I'd visit home in San Diego, I'd make it one of my first stops. Now that I am back in SD, I am 5 minutes away from one :thumbsup:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Originally posted by wals9331
Ampstang, i dont think you can compare store bought beef to fast food beef...too different leagues...but i am not doubting your cooking skilz :)

Very true.

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
In n Out Burger is by far the best in the world! Anytime I get to go home or travel to Ca for work it is my first stop! I was just in Phoenix last week and they have a few now...

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I tried one last week and it wasn't too bad. It needs more onions and they need to lose the lettuce crap. The ultimate cheeseburger from jack in the box is better. :)

I just asked for it w/o lettuce. I thought it wasn't bad, but nothing beats a homemade bacon cheeseburger. ~Starts drooling~

NA97GT

Established Member
the six dollar burger at carls jr is really good. it makes bk's angus burger look like a garder burger.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I don't know why you are bitching about a fast food hamburger. If you want a good burger go to a steak joint, or out here where a hamburger consist of a pound of beef that was grown and butchered within 20 miles of where you are.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Burger King angus tastes great to me. I dont know why it's just been the passed couple of weeks they started showing those commercials though... Burger King has had an angus burger for a good 3 or 4 months now.

As 99Cobra mentioned, if its a fast food joint your going to, it's fast food your going to get... You cant expect Lone Star quality out of a fast food joint.

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I'm surprised veggie burgers aren't more popular. No replacement for genuine beef, but they're purty damned tasty.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Kovachian
I'm surprised veggie burgers aren't more popular. No replacement for genuine beef, but they're purty damned tasty.
Veg-a-what? Aw hell no.

HUBCAP

Established Member
Originally posted by Kovachian

ROTFLMAO@ YOUR SIGNATURE PIC!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread