DPMS Oracle .308 optics

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
For you tactical rifle owners, I just purchased my first rifle, a DPMS Oracle http://www.dpmsinc.com/308-ORACLE_ep_99-1.html and I'm trying to decide what scope to go with. There are a ton of options from standard scopes to red dots and magnifiers and the combination scope and red dot sight in one.

The rifle will be used primarily for hunting whitetail deer in the woods (and potentially a hog hunt in the future) so I don't think I'd ever shoot more than 150 yards (more likely 100 yards would be the max). My dad owns 40+ guns including a 7mm Rem Mag and 300 Ultra Mag rifles with nice scopes so I could borrow those if I ever were shooting over a wide open area.

Considering I need some magnification I thought that this Nikon would do the job well - http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-p-300-blk-blackout-2-7x32-supersub-reticle.html 2-7x/32, $200 price tag. $40 mount is needed also

It is specifically designed for the 300 blackout round but i've read reviews that people have used it on .308 rifles with good results. I have more room in the budget for a better scope but I'd like to keep the scope/mount at $350 or below. Anyone have any input on better options for this gun for what I need it for? Thanks :beer:

Last edited:

Machdup1

Established Member
At the low end, the SWFA SS fixed 10x at $299.00 is the best choice.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Gotta have a holo on an ar. Eotech, aimpoint, whatever floats your boat. 150 yards means no magnification is needed. Several companies make inexpensive magnification only tubes if ya gotta have it.

Eotechs have come down quite a bit, but your going to have to go used at that pricepoint, but there are usually some on ebay following the huge AR buys after the latest panic. On a ar though I am absolutely addicted to them. Parrallax free, instant acquisition etc etc

Last edited:

Regulars520

Established Member
At the low end, the SWFA SS fixed 10x at $299.00 is the best choice.

Boom, this right here. This is the only optics I use. SWFA Classic SS 10x42 bes bang for the buck. The SWFA SS was originally a gov contracted scope for the Navy and then sold by SWFA. Awesome scope, I have taken it out to over 1000 meters on a 338 lapua issue free. (I am not nice to my rifles, they get treated combat style)

Right here. Don't think about it, just click buy me. You wont ever look back. Shoots as good as a $1500 Leupold. I have shot thru hundreds a scopes and fielded scopes for the military so on a budget. This is it bud.
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P499.aspx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread