Down The Road

I SUCK!

Formerly "syberstang"
Established Member
Does anyone think the TERMINATORS will bring in BIG$$$$ someday down the road. like when they have been hitting the streets for 20 years . they will be considered classic cars then. and I was just wandering if thay will bring in big bucks like other cars do.:shrug::shrug:

Almo

Established Member
Unless Ford discontinues the Mustangs or rids them from the market... they will eventually end up like any 99-04 GT pricing. In short, they will continue to come down in price as time passes.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Does anyone think the TERMINATORS will bring in BIG$$$$ someday down the road. like when they have been hitting the streets for 20 years . they will be considered classic cars then. and I was just wandering if thay will bring in big bucks like other cars do.:shrug::shrug:

maybe if they are left in stock condition and all the numbers match, possibly. The ones that have been modded up, the ones that people think earn an increased value due to the mods will end up being worth much less. An example would be a 70 hemi cuda, all original versus one that has had all sorts of work done.

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
IMHO

Doubtful.

To many were built and a boat load of them are no longer stock. If the 03/04s were the last Cobras Ford built, the crystal ball would be clearer but the GT-500's performance is, and will, out shine the Terminators. If one was to come up for sale, ultra-low miles (1000 or less) and bone stock in 20 years, maybe. I think at auctions they call those cars "survivors". Time will tell. :shrug:

Jack Burton

Established Member
IMHO

Doubtful.

To many were built and a boat load of them are no longer stock. If the 03/04s were the last Cobras Ford built, the crystal ball would be clearer but the GT-500's performance is, and will, out shine the Terminators. If one was to come up for sale, ultra-low miles (1000 or less) and bone stock in 20 years, maybe. I think at auctions they call those cars "survivors". Time will tell. :shrug:

Ah, good point. I didn't even take the GT500 into consideration. Nice work.

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
i think the rare colors might be worth something. Afterall these were the last cobra model in the reign of SVT now that carroll shelby stepped in. My car is 1 of 242 and I'm banking on the elusive satin silver to bring a nice buck later down the road.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
There going to be worth something...last svt for a while anyway....Shelby threw his damn name on the new ones...I think its helping the Terminators...

Bone stock ones higher money as usual....It will be a while....and matching numbers etc....

dragon40k

Established Member
It won't be worth big money but I think it will hold its value much more than just about any other mustang of the last 15 years. Now if you can manage to keep it perfect for 30 years you might have something worthwhile. Though you would still be taking a loss on the car due to inflation alone. Bottom line enjoy it while there is gas to put in it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO even though I'm not a GT500 fan, it has already overshadowed the success of the Terminator from a collector's standpoint. Cars like the GT500-KR and other specialty high-performance muscle cars are far more likely to become collectible (and valued up) down the road. But only time will tell.

I SUCK!

Formerly "syberstang"
Established Member
I used to back when I had my nova, and was single. now I am married with 3 kids .hard to find time 2 do anything anymore.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
IMO even though I'm not a GT500 fan, it has already overshadowed the success of the Terminator from a collector's standpoint. Cars like the GT500-KR and other specialty high-performance muscle cars are far more likely to become collectible (and valued up) down the road. But only time will tell.
I think that's one way to look at it. But the highly successful GT500 may end up with production numbers 2 or 3 times that of the Terminator. Obviously this will make the Term the more rare of the two, which could ultimately keep prices at a premium. But this is all just speculation, only time will tell as you said.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
i think the rare colors might be worth something.* Afterall these were the last cobra model in the reign of SVT now that carroll shelby stepped in.* My car is 1 of 242 and I'm banking on the elusive satin silver to bring a nice buck later down the road.

+1 , we can only hope. Mines 1 out of 81 vert’s.

Interestingly one of the threads seems to pop up around the same time Barret Jackson has there auction.

I think they will definitely hold some promise 15 to 20 years from now. Part of the charm is that these cars really were quite affordable when new in comparison to similar HP cars. Also that nostalgic North American muscle. Honestly how many high HP cars out there can be repaired by a regular Joe?

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Down the road sure. Look at the price of low mileage 5.0's (especially 93' cobras). Tons of those things were built. Definately not going to depreciate like a GT. I'm sure the mystic chromes and comp oranges will bring the most.

Users who are viewing this thread