Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

FIVEHOE

Established Member
well looks like people have figured out to buy into the dips. Although I think its too early personally, and that we haven't hit bottom. Reason being: China is still shut down... retail, manufacturing, restaurant chains, etc... all shut down due to the coronavirus. This in return caused airlines to stop going in/out of heavily infected areas, which in return is causing people to stop traveling as much as they used to. This in return will impact the hospitality industry, including companies tied to that. Those effects haven't even been felt in the market yet... lets wait and see how the next quarterly reports go... my guess: not good (especially for ford lololol)

On top of that, my company (fortune 500), just had a public announcement preparing employees to be prepared to work from home, when this really starts to hit the states. I'm sure bigger companies will follow suit, but it will impact businesses that can't work remotely.

It's going to get a little worse, just a matter of how long will it take and how hard will that have impact on the market.

PIPO

Established Member
Is it legal for a bank (USAA) to drop the prices of its mutual funds after distributing the end of the year dividend? It was a good one but since they decreased the price so much is like I never got it. Then on top of that it was still red when shit hit the fence last week. So I double down on it or go with the more reliable Vanguard MF’s? I have about $50k to spare.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Is it legal for a bank (USAA) to drop the prices of its mutual funds after distributing the end of the year dividend? It was a good one but since they decreased the price so much is like I never got it. Then on top of that it was still red when shit hit the fence last week. So I double down on it or go with the more reliable Vanguard MF’s? I have about $50k to spare.

The price of a stock will always reflect the distribution. My short term cash bond funds look like saw blade on the chart showing the monthly distribution.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Explain.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Simple. Attempt to turn Trump's strength into a weakness going into the general. Easy to do with a jittery market because of a hyper inflated pandemic scare. Short the hell out of stocks and initiate a sell off using CV as the scare bait. Make money by shorting, and make your political opponent look weak at the same time.

Problem for them is that it seems the market's correction territory may just be a good period to buy for most people. In a truly weak economy, a recession or even correction would be really bad. Seems people are strengthening themselves and their portfolios.

Im not saying watching the huge sell off wasnt alarming, but seeing the Coronavirus volatility hit right before Super Tuesday makes me VERY suspicious...

Then again, the markets could free fall again and then... well... who the hell knows.

jmsa540

Established Member
Ty
Simple. Attempt to turn Trump's strength into a weakness going into the general. Easy to do with a jittery market because of a hyper inflated pandemic scare. Short the hell out of stocks and initiate a sell off using CV as the scare bait. Make money by shorting, and make your political opponent look weak at the same time.

Problem for them is that it seems the market's correction territory may just be a good period to buy for most people. In a truly weak economy, a recession or even correction would be really bad. Seems people are strengthening themselves and their portfolios.

Im not saying watching the huge sell off wasnt alarming, but seeing the Coronavirus volatility hit right before Super Tuesday makes me VERY suspicious...

Then again, the markets could free fall again and then... well... who the hell knows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FIVEHOE

Established Member
nugt going hammertime this week. gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the week plays out with all this volatility. think I'm going to pick up some dust here shortly.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Speaking of market falls, just how in the hell did AIG survive?

Picture1.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

LOL, no that was the stock crashing at the height of the Great Recession. I know the Feds loaned them money that was paid off in the last few years. But, that it is still hard to imagine they stayed alive.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
LOL, no that was the stock crashing at the height of the Great Recession. I know the Feds loaned them money that was paid off in the last few years. But, that it is still hard to imagine they stayed alive.
Holy shit.

I just looked, they had a 20-1 reverse split in 2009 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread