Double Wall tips with Magnaflow catback

IACobra

Established Member
Currently, i have the Magnaflow straight tips on my Cora.Trying to find the double wall tips (like SLP has).

Does Magnaflow make these also?

Does SLP just sell the Tips, and would they ft on the Magnaflow pipes?

Has anyone tried this, or currently have this?

Thanks!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
magnaflow does make them in a 2.5" inlet. you'll need to trim a little off the inlet since they are about 18" long. most have them welded on. you'll also need to have some hangers welded on.

I'm sure some one will have a better pic but heres mine.
Copyof100_1385.jpg

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have the slp double wall tips on a magnaflow setup they fit and look perfect. Ive seen them on there sight.

IACobra

Established Member
magnaflow does make them in a 2.5" inlet. you'll need to trim a little off the inlet since they are about 18" long. most have them welded on. you'll also need to have some hangers welded on.

I'm sure some one will have a better pic but heres mine.
Copyof100_1385.jpg

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't these in the pic the Rolled tips? the post above yours looks like the ones i'm looking for.....

BBCOBRA

Established Member
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't these in the pic the Rolled tips? the post above yours looks like the ones i'm looking for.....

you're right they are the rolled tips. I thought that's what you were looking for. sorry. It looks like the magnaflow you mentioned is like the slp tips. Couldn't you just modify or use the SLP tips? I think you can get just the tips.

I found this link.

http://marylandspeed.com/slp-exhaus...d-35-double-wall25-inlet-slpm31039-p-229.html

Last edited:

IACobra

Established Member
to clarify, the Magnaflow system i have is kit# 15644. The exhaust tips that come with this have a 2.5" ID, and they are 16 inches long.

I see that SLP has a universal tip 15.5 inches (Double wall, angle cut) long, but no hangars. Has anyone tried these? Does any other manufacturer make them as well?

IACobra

Established Member
you're right they are the rolled tips. I thought that's what you were looking for. sorry. It looks like the magnaflow you mentioned is like the slp tips. Couldn't you just modify or use the SLP tips? I think you can get just the tips.

i was adding my comment, just as you posted yours...

I might try the SLP's, just need to know how others dealt with hanging them, since the Magnaflow kit had the hangars already on their tips.....

BBCOBRA

Established Member
i was adding my comment, just as you posted yours...

I might try the SLP's, just need to know how others dealt with hanging them, since the Magnaflow kit had the hangars already on their tips.....

you might do the same thing I did for my universal magnaflows. I had a nut welded to the top of the tip. the nut had a ID big enough for the stock mounting rod or hanger to slide through. I also drilled and tapped a hole in the nut and added a set screw. I basically copied the stock tip in how it is seccured. Some people just have the hanger welded to the top of the tip since you cant see it anyway.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
To get the hangars you have to get ones that came with a catback. I sold my catback and kept the tips witch i have on a magnaflow now.

Users who are viewing this thread