Double shot bottle baby.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Tomorrow i should receive a Black out Zex kit and 2nd stage kit from Zex. First stage I'll run 100 to 150. Second shot i'm not sure yet. Second shot I'll run in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. Both shots will be progressive. I also bought a twin wideband warning system. So if it starts to get lean it'll shut both systems down. I'm making a custom aluminum over head console for the 8 switch panel and relay box. The bottle will have its own custom made square aluminum tubing bracket to match my amp rack in the trunk. I'll take some pics as i install everything. Once its all done then I'll let Y'all know what it did on the dyno. Cant wait to spray this thing. Should be fun and fast. Not going to speculate on track times. I'll just say i think it'll be fast- er....:dw: and i don't post track times. Because when i go racing i take my wallet. HAHA

Here's a link for the switch panel that will be mounted in the over head console. Its a very cool piece. Receive it today. Make sure you watch the video in the link. Should make it easy to wire all this crap up.
ARC - Auto Rod Controls 8000D ARC Flat Touch Switch Control Panel

Here's the link for the 02 warning system. I bought the twin wideband 02 system. Click on 02alert. Not sure where to mount it yet. But i'm thinking console box. Get it tomorrow. I talked to these people at the track and this is the shit. Very cool if your looking for a failsafe system for your engine. Post some pics of it and a few other parts tomorrow.
altronics racing electronics and weather systems

How much spray will this engine take ?? not sure but i think i'm going to find out.

CPRsm

Oh jesus. That 150 on a blower motor is going to be a 200+ shot !!!!! Does that system have early rod throwing detection,too ? :poke:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
^^ Yea you do know spraying a forced induction car is different then a n/a car right? Especially a non forged engine, just throwing it out there.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I have seen 2 stages sprayed on engines before. Make sure your taking an extra motor with you spraying a supercharged vehicle. 150 shot on stage 1 and whatever you spray on stage 2 will defintely get a new view of the motor available

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Balls...........the OP has them.........................

good luck on the install and ETs

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
This isn't my first time spraying. But i'm not an expert. That's for sure. Been doing a lot of reading. From what i read. The biggest mistake people make with spray is. They hit it too hard at low RPM's. Like a 125 up shot at 3K. The torque spike would be huge. It would be like runing a big blower with a clutch @ say 22 LB's and then engage the clutch at 3K. So progressive controller system is where its at. Have more soon. If its done right. This engine should be able to make 750 to 800 just like they can with a blower. But not @ a low RPM and all at once. I have someone thats going to help set this up. So i'm going to see if i can make you eat your words. ;-)

CPRsm

Just be careful on the ratings. Watched my buddies Zex kit do a little over 125 rwhp gain with a 75 shot !!!! You is crazy. Let us know

rlhay2

Established Member
Like many, I think the 2nd stage is asking for trouble.

A 75-100 shot is great for cooling IAT temps and the increased hp is a gas (pun intended).

Keep us posted on the ZEX kit. If my TVS does not sale, that is the route I will take but I just want the cooling benefit and an extra ~100hp to the wheels.

rdsnk46

Established Member
That progressive controller is great for the track but the street will need reseting or a controll to allow for a full hit. Nitrous is best when applied all at once!!!!!!!!

I dont reallt know what your current mods are....I would think your using a stock blower.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
paulwalker.jpg
Brian Spilner approves of your plans sir!!!!!!! :beer:

on the other hand I think I will be running a 75-100 dry shot here very shortly....

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Well i don't know if a progressive controller can be used with a Zex NMU. Nitrous/management/unit. I don't believe it can. Getting Zex to answer a question i found is not an easy task. If i cant use a progressive controller on the black out kit. Then i think I'll build a second stage and add a stand alone fuel system. Here's a couple pics of a bunch of crap i ordered. Still need to figure out what i'm going to do for the second stage. I didn't order the Zex second stage. But i do have a another complete Zex kit on hand. So i may be able to use it for someting. Not sure what yet. What its looking like at this point is. Use the black out kit for a 75 shot. Then add a second system with a progressive controller to come in 2/3 and 4 gears. Make it hit slowly and end with a total of both systems about 175 to 200. If the engine goes. Hey time for a "building a new engine" thread. :eek:

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Nice, I run a Zex kit and love it. Although my motor is built and loves it! On boost only I'm making around 450/450, that is in 90/100* summer temps here in STL.

Making 550/625 on a 100 shot, run a Zex Window switch at 3000-6000rpms. Nothing like going from 450TQ to 625TQ with the flip of a switch lol, its fun. Run 93/VP100 in the tank.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Have a complete Zex black out kit for sale. LMAO. For real, i'm going to go a different route. I now have a direct port system. Just started on it today. Should be done in a few weeks. Will be progressive system. Starting with 125 to 150 jets. But can be jetted for up to 500 HP. With a controller. I can adjust anywhere from 10% to 100%. At any RPM and any gear. So I'll start low and work my way up. Going to be tight on space. Just enough from what i see on mock-up. I'm making sure i'll have room for 2nd or even 3rd stages. LOL A stand a lone fuel system is a must. So I'll have some pics of both systems as i start to progress. Cant decide if i want to polish the intake or have it powder coated. While its apart i figured i would make it all look good. So i'm going to do something with V/covers, Intake, Blower, Ether powder coated, polished or painted. Pics soon......:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread