Double clutching Centerforce Dual Friction

hyelife2

Established Member
Has anyone had any issues double clutching a Centerforce Dual Friction?
Whenever I double clutch my clutch pedal gets soft and goes almost down to the floor.
But after pumping the pedal a few times the firmness and where it grabs comes back to normal.
Anyone experience the same thing when double clutching?

rwboring

Established Member
uh we have syncros why would you double clutch?

to answer the question I don't think it should be getting soft, especially since it isn't hyd.

hyelife2

Established Member
uh we have syncros why would you double clutch?

to answer the question I don't think it should be getting soft, especially since it isn't hyd.

I double clutch when racing another car to get the jump. Last night was the second time I had done it on the cobra and the same thing happened.

Maybe Im using the wrong terminology. When I race from a roll, I floor it, push the clutch, then let go of the clutch. That usually gives me a jump on the other car. I know that it isnt the best for the car but like Ive said, Ive only done it twice.

Driver500

Established Member
I double clutch when racing another car to get the jump. Last night was the second time I had done it on the cobra and the same thing happened.

Maybe Im using the wrong terminology. When I race from a roll, I floor it, push the clutch, then let go of the clutch. That usually gives me a jump on the other car. I know that it isnt the best for the car but like Ive said, Ive only done it twice.

That's not double clutching... that's either dropping the clutch which is hell on a drivetrain or slipping it which is burning up your disc. I'd say just get in the gear you are racing from and hit the throttle. Unless you are racing for enough money to replace that clutch and the associated driveline parts just don't do that anymore.

Last edited:

hyelife2

Established Member
That's not double clutching... that's either dropping the clutch which is hell on a drivetrain or slipping it which is burning up your disc. I'd say just get in the gear you are racing from and hit the throttle. Unless you are racing for enough money to replace that clutch and the associated driveline parts just don't do that anymore.

That's what I was thinking, thanks for the info.

hyelife2

Established Member
LOL, yeah really, F&F much?

Maybe not do it anymore. You have done it twice and had issues both times. Common sense recommends you stop doing what causes the issue. :D

Good idea. LOL.

Sounds like a cable adjustment issue to me? You still on the stock quadrant/adjuster set up?

Yes I'm still on the stock quadrant and adjuster. Do you think that has something to do with it?

Driver500

Established Member
Good idea. LOL.

Yes I'm still on the stock quadrant and adjuster. Do you think that has something to do with it?

probably does, but that doesn't mean go get a quadrant and adjuster and keep on killing the drivetrain.

I will say a quadrant and adjuster were best cheap mods I ever did to my car when it was closer to stock. Makes rowing through the gears much easier.

hyelife2

Established Member
probably does, but that doesn't mean go get a quadrant and adjuster and keep on killing the drivetrain.

I will say a quadrant and adjuster were best cheap mods I ever did to my car when it was closer to stock. Makes rowing through the gears much easier.

Ya I agree with you. Thanks for the info.

Driver500

Established Member
Anyone else have any input?

johnny5-need-input.png

:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread