Don't you hate it when...

Never_Enough

Established Member
You are all excited about buying a car & ready to drive a few hours to get it blah blah & the seller hits you with a big negative that should have been in the damn ad?!

Found a well sorted rust free supercharged 97M Miata in VA and was ready to pull the trigger when he tells me the soft top is missing the rear window. The car comes with a hardtop too so not the end of the world, but it is the principle of the matter. Plus he refused to budge off the price.

A used OE top on the frame is about $300 if you can find one. New top with labor from a shop is around $1,000. He wants $6,200 for the car. Not a bad price considering all the parts & labor in the car, but now I'm not so sure I should buy it. If he would have said sure $6k, I probably would have sent him a deposit.

Never_Enough

Established Member
So.. you're going to miss out on what you self described as a good deal, the car you want, and a car in good shape, because of 200 dollars and a missing back window that's irrelevant anyway (since it has a hard top, which isn't cheap).

You no maka sense mista jones
Not irrelevant at all because I still need to fix it. I can't carry the hardtop around if I want to enjoy it being a convertible.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Pending undercarriage & rocker pics that he is supposed to send me, I will offer him $6k & see what happens.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not irrelevant at all because I still need to fix it. I can't carry the hardtop around if I want to enjoy it being a convertible.

That price was based on NO other issues. Needing a top is a major issue.

Instead, I slapped him with his mom's dildo.

Pending undercarriage & rocker pics that he is supposed to send me, I will offer him $6k & see what happens.
The multi quote does work. Thought maybe it was broke, lol.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Did you know I ride you? If you're the A-team van, then I'm your daddy huckleberry.

Also, you contradict yourself. What does a back window have to do with it being a convertible and taking the hard top off? If you're taking the HT off, you're probably folding the top down, therefore the lack of window is null and void.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Did you know I ride you? If you're the A-team van, then I'm your daddy huckleberry.

Also, you contradict yourself. What does a back window have to do with it being a convertible and taking the hard top off? If you're taking the HT off, you're probably folding the top down, therefore the lack of window is null and void.
Then I have it outside & it rains. No thanks. Or I go somewhere & have to lock the car up. Oops, can't! I'm not booting the MS6 from the garage for the Miata. When I have a bigger garage again, it won't be an issue, but by then I'd have a new top on it. Still gonna cost me $ so the seller should discount the price accordingly especially since he failed to disclose that in negotiations...

Users who are viewing this thread