Don't Wash another Man's car

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I've been dating this girl for 3 years now. I went to visit her in Chicago this weekend. We went to a NIU Huskies football game and when we got back my car was moved into her garage. Her dad just bought this new buffer and was telling me about it all day before we left. I told him no buffer has ever touched my car and never will. Well, we get back and he had washed my car. I kind of jumped on him and asked if he used the buffer and he swore up and down that he didn't.

Well driving home I stopped at a gas station to fill up and under the UV lights my car is covered in swirl marks and scratches. "WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!" I didn't ask him to wash my car. I even hid the keys in my bag.

So does anyone know of any swirl/scratch remover? I use zaino and I know they make some. Is it even possible to get them out?

Second, what do I tell my girlfriend. She and her mother already jumped his case about washing my car and made him apologize to me. My girlfriend would be so upset if I told her what it did to my car.

He is just one of those people that won't listen to what you tell them. I told him I use a particular wax (zaino) and no buffer. Only 100% USA cotton towels to wash and a shammie to dry. Now I have to strip the Turtle wax shit off along with the zaino I just put on two weeks ago and try to get the scratches off.

I had a 5 hour drive home and now I'm horse because I was cursing the whole way home. One more time, "WHAT THE F*CK!"

/* Rant Off

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to cry when I saw my car. I've worked hard to take care of it only for someone else to mess it up. Please tell me that it's possible to remove them. I don't think I could send the girl I love's parents a bill for a new sonic blue paint job.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by hssss03
Please tell me that it's possible to remove them.
Try a Carnuba based wax. On my Black they fill/hide the swirl marks very well. It usually takes 3~ coats to get to the point where you cant see them anymore.

If that doesn't work, I'd try taking it to a pofessional detailer.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I curious to know what color your '03 is... if it has reflective paint (paint with depth) I hope he didn't put little reflective swils in it:shrug:

:beer:

(why would he wash your car if he didn't want to wax it? He expects you to believe him?... wow..........)

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Messing with another mans car is a serious violation of the "code". There is only one way to settle the score - "Time to introduce daddy's little girl to some anal discipline" :bash:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Messing with another mans car is a serious violation of the "code". There is only one way to settle the score - "Time to introduce daddy's little girl to some anal discipline" :bash:

:lol: That's too funny!!

i8u

Established Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolling:

i8u

Established Member
I got some meguirer's gold if you want to try it out.

That really sucks. Talk to him man to man. He'll respect you for it. Just make sure you let him know that you know he was trying to do you a favor.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
you probly need to get the car wheeled with a mild abrassive rubbing compound. Depends on how bad the swirl/scratches are? Contact your local professional detailer. I seriously doubt he did much damage to your car!!! it should be all good!

Mike

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Damn man....so sorry to hear. My g/f's dad asks me what stuff I use cause my car used to be always clean(now up in college w/no garage so it suffers).

I detailed a friend's black 97 Cobra with Zaino's swirl remover. His car had never been detailed and had lots of swirl marks. I put a few coats of the swirl remover on interchanging it with the wax. After I was done you couldn't really see the swirl marks any more.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Send him a picture of you in the sack with his daughter and scribble all over it "YOU DONT SEE ME WAXING YOUR WIFE LIKE THIS NOW DO YA?" :-D

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Messing with another mans car is a serious violation of the "code". There is only one way to settle the score - "Time to introduce daddy's little girl to some anal discipline"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Send him a picture of you in the sack with his daughter and scribble all over it "YOU DONT SEE ME WAXING YOUR WIFE LIKE THIS NOW DO YA?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by NukeX
Send him a picture of you in the sack with his daughter and scribble all over it "YOU DONT SEE ME WAXING YOUR WIFE LIKE THIS NOW DO YA?" :-D

OMFG, that's funny. (the above quote, not the car dilemma)

But it's too bad that the guy tried to do something nice, and ended up causing a problem. Sorry to hear about it. I'm sure the guy feels stupid enough about it already, I'd just let it go...I seriously doubt he'll go near your car ever again.

One time I went home to visit my folks, my dad thought he would be funny and write "wash me" in the dust on my 67 Mustang. (Their 3/4 mile long dirt driveway makes dust inevitable)
I saw that, and my stomach dropped because I knew what the grit would do to my paint. Sure enough, after I washed it, there it was: "wash me" in hazy white scuffs. It took me about three coats of wax to get it out, but I swear I could still see the scratches from 100 feet away. I was so pissed.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Thanks for the laugh guys. :bowdown:

I know he was only trying to help, but damn. The thing that pisses me off is that a guy told him that you HAVE to buff to make it look good :rollseyes , so that's what you have to do. It doesn't matter that I take the advice of 1000's of people who actually know what they are talking about and know not to use a buffer. I specifically told him that I would never use a buffer on my car. I guess he thought that I was scared to use one and since he used it on his POS Ranger that it was ok for him to use it on my car. "Quit being an ass and listen to what I'm saying! I don't use a buffer!" But hey, I'm a 23 year old. I must be stupid, even though my car payment is more than most people's house payments. I just have to keep reminding myself, It's just a car.

One a side note, I do wax that ass.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member

Nope. Get the girlfriend pregnant. Tell the old man "you f***ed with my baby, so I f***ed with yours". :dw:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by NukeX
:bowdown:

1) Do this
2) Take pictures of his reaction.
3) Make new thread
4) Post said pictures
5) SVTP laughs at his expense

Try some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze for the swirls.

Users who are viewing this thread