Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I think Harpell Auto Fab is the only one making the one piece tanks now. They look like decent quality.

I want to say LMR has a silicone hose kit for these cars. I got lucky and picked up some spares off Rock Auto a while ago.
Thanks, I have the hoses from Rock Auto in a box somewhere as well but I remember those silicon kits and want those instead. I dont care for bling but Im going to start cleaning things up around the engine bay, considering a wire tuck too.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thanks, I have the hoses from Rock Auto in a box somewhere as well but I remember those silicon kits and want those instead. I dont care for bling but Im going to start cleaning things up around the engine bay, considering a wire tuck too.
You can always get the tank powder coated to cut down on the bling.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a fact brother. I was just talking about this the other day with a buddy of mine. He said I should sell off a few mustangs and focus on my retirement, etc. I said I’d agree with you however even my recent accident had put a huge dent in my leg, and back long term. I’d rather have run now and not look back when I’m 60 and be like man I wish I did this, or wish I bought that. I’d be extremely upset if I lost my leg and I couldn’t ride motorcycles, or drive my cars.
When you’re 60 you will realize how unimportant a lot of that was and wish you had focused on your retirement.

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey Venom you’re exactly right, I’m on my 6th one and each time I sold one to get something different then came back. Not going to lie loved your terminator content and kind of stopped watching after it was sold. Not because you don’t make nice content or had nice cars just terminator and your channel just fit right. Congratulations on a beautiful sonic blue, can’t wait to see more of it!

3GROC

Established Member
Looks really clean.
thanks...interior is pretty decent too. just a little wear on the drivers seat where they all wear. I need the plastic on the door panel that holds the window and mirror switches...one in there is cracked.

I Wish I knew more about the car. It was painted at some point in its life, I think pretty recently. No idea on the tune...it didn't come with a tuner or anything. I have only driven it maybe 15 miles since it got delivered. Im in AZ near Phx where it has decided to rain or threaten me with rain every day since I got it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
When you’re 60 you will realize how unimportant a lot of that was and wish you had focused on your retirement.
This is so spot on. That's where I'm at .
thanks...interior is pretty decent too. just a little wear on the drivers seat where they all wear. I need the plastic on the door panel that holds the window and mirror switches...one in there is cracked.

I Wish I knew more about the car. It was painted at some point in its life, I think pretty recently. No idea on the tune...it didn't come with a tuner or anything. I have only driven it maybe 15 miles since it got delivered. Im in AZ near Phx where it has decided to rain or threaten me with rain every day since I got it.
The place you got it from didn't have any info? Are you planning on getting the tune checked out? Yeah, shit breaks on 20-22 year old cars. I just ordered a new window motor for my drivers side, and the AC needs a recharge. Like you I'm sure, we need the AC here. Brake system will be getting a flush with new SS lines. It needs tires, so I'm going to get some new wheels as well. Any idea what the build number is?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
That's what I'm doing. Probably going to go with these. These are 10" on the back though. I have the factory machined wheels now, and want chrome.

The Harpell tank is super nice. Quality stuff. I elected to order both sets of caps just incase I wanted to change it up. All black and polished.

Here is a pic with the polished caps.
565365031f7926b8c97ebcb83de1b640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blownfox

Established Member
The Harpell tank is super nice. Quality stuff. I elected to order both sets of caps just incase I wanted to change it up. All black and polished.

Did you also get the PS tank and bake reservoir from Harpel? I was planning on getting some stuff from them this year.

3GROC

Established Member
The place you got it from didn't have any info? Are you planning on getting the tune checked out? Yeah, shit breaks on 20-22 year old cars. I just ordered a new window motor for my drivers side, and the AC needs a recharge. Like you I'm sure, we need the AC here. Brake system will be getting a flush with new SS lines. It needs tires, so I'm going to get some new wheels as well. Any idea what the build number is?

Yeah I gotta get the tune checked. I haven't hammered on it in the whole 15 miles I drove it for that reason.
No info on the tune or how it was done. A lot basic normal stuff in the car was gone thru already which I Was grateful for. Has a new battery and alternator...newer brakes and rotors. New tires but they are some all season "performance" tires. AC works.... that was a big prerequisite for out here in the desert hah
No build # or SVT cert. Figure Ill get one of those soon. a lot of stuff I will get to "soon" haha

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No build # or SVT cert. Figure Ill get one of those soon. a lot of stuff I will get to "soon" haha
If you had the number, we could look at one thread that has all the numbers and owners. At least when that owner had posted it.

3GROC

Established Member
If you had the number, we could look at one thread that has all the numbers and owners. At least when that owner had posted it.

i’ll have to check that out.

that thread didn’t exist when I used to frequent this board back then. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks guys! Sounds like I'm better off waiting a couple of years buying a lift and adding a 911 to the garage. I was only thinking of selling the cobra to speed up the timeline.
You might hit up Malcolm and get his thoughts. He had a heavily modifed Porsche and obviously a Terminator. I THINK the Porsche is gone but old yellow is still around.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
I have one of Phils radiator covers, top notch product, and a great guy to boot. I need to get a couple of other things of his to tidy up my engine bay.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member

Looks great, super clean. But why don’t you have the spring on your throttle body?

HVACdude

Established Member
i’ll have to check that out.

that thread didn’t exist when I used to frequent this board back then. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
you can also get the build # for free by calling the 1 800 svt number. i used it a few years ago and they were even able to tell me who the original selling dealer was of the car as well. great info to have if you wanna try to track your cars history down. another method to try would be copy and pasting the cars vin with "svtperformance.com" next to it in a google search. i have yielded results like an old FS ad before by using that method. little tricks ive learned over the years from researching these cars. btw congratulations on the purchase, its pretty cool to see guys coming back to these cars after all these years. its definitely a common trend lol

Users who are viewing this thread