Don't drive in line with semi's if you can avoid it! SMOOSHED!

Established Member
Happened here in Indy last evening. The pick up truck got compacted between two semi trucks. (Reminds me of that smashed smart car picture everyone was debating about being photo shopped or not) This one is real unfortunately!

Click on the video at the top right, good shot of it at 30 seconds into vid.

One killed, two injured in I-65 crash - WTHR |

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Some of these damn rig drivers are complete and utter morons! When my wife and I were coming home from vacation, we had a loaded rig get within three feet of our rear bumper, on a wet, downhill grade. F***ing a$$holes.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a real tragedy. I have to agree about some rig drivers being idiots and overly aggressive. I guess a big rig compensates for smallness in other areas. It really ticks me off when they get within a few feet of my rear bumper. My vehicle can stop a lot quicker than a rig can. And therein lies the danger of course.

Ruslow

Established Member
Well not to be so much for the truckers but there are far more moron car drivers!I drive a race set up 70 feet long and have had cars brake check me!And that was when they squeezed infront of me!Also have had them whip in front of me and flip their turn signal on and turn 100 feet later.We can not stop as fast as cars but they seem to think since we have upto 18-20 tires on the ground we can stop on a dime.Also if you are being tailgated by one[truck] more than likely YOU have space to move over where as he does not.so why not move and be happy.I run into this to, merging onto the hiway cars try to beat you and run out of merge lane and have to hit their brakes then they come around and brake check you!I would not recomend getting in a battle with something that big you WILL lose! It is best to give them space.Stan

Forgot to add......I would be more worried about those diesel pusher motorhomes that weight in at 30-40K being driven by the retired couple that are in the 60-70s'.That have just a private DL.We atleast have to have medical card,and know how to operate air brakes and do a walk around ck and such.Where as all they have to do is open the door and start the MH and drive off once the air has built up and the alarm turns off!

Last edited:

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
I know there are some asshole truckers but most of the time it is the drivers of the cars that cut them off and drive stupid.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
+1 Its no picnic driving an 18 wheeler, especially a really heavy one. It pisses me off when I see other drivers getting mad at truckers for going slow up hill or fast downhill.

Sad though someone died in the accident, rip

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
i drive a 30' motorhome towing a 32' trailer to the racetrack every weekend and I understand what ruslow is saying. I don't have the power of airbrakes at my disposal. And this is a lot of weight to stop with just a hydro brake setup so I try and keep my distance from the cars in front of me. But there are several occasions where some dickbag on his cell phone swerves in front of me brake checks me then acts like i'm doing something wrong. Also peope don't understand when you get to the bottom of a hill with a steep grade upwards coming up that the truck is attempting to get a run at the hill. This is where blade runner may have had his run in. It's a lot harder for a truck, or motorhome and trailer, for that instance to make it up a steep grade.

but it is sad someone died. I hate seeing people dying in car accidents because its so abrupt and unexpected. It's very sad.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
thats terrible. reminds me of the vid where the wrx gets pinned like that. the car was unrecognizable, but he walked away

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Also peope don't understand when you get to the bottom of a hill with a steep grade upwards coming up that the truck is attempting to get a run at the hill. This is where blade runner may have had his run in.

But, it is sad someone died. I hate seeing people dying in car accidents because its so abrupt and unexpected. It's very sad.

Actually, I had just crested a hill, and was passing another truck in the hammer lane, doing 75.....This other rig came up over the crest of the hill from behind me and damn near rear ended me. I don't know if he was running behind, REALLY had to piss, or was all jacked up on Mountain Dew, (cwuteyedidther? LOL) but honostly, I don't care. There is absolutely NO reason to terrorize someone in a fourwheeler because you're in a huge truck. It's unsafe, unprofessional, and one of these days, again, will get someone killed. I understand the anger of drivers, as I see it ALL the time. Mr careless asshole on his phone sippin' his latte' fruity f***in' starf***s drink will whip across multiple lanes, cutting off trucks and other fourwheelers as well. I KNOW it's hard to stop. Hell, we have to deal with it when we're running emergency in our appuratus, lights on, sirens going, people STILL pull out in front of us, brakecheck us, etc.. My point is, I don't know what happened with the accident in the O.P.'s story, but I DO know I had a rogue trucker almost turn my wife and I into greasy spots on a Kentucky Hwy, and THAT pissed me off.

As for the lady who lost her life, may she R.I.P..

f2hatch

Established Member
i drive a 30' motorhome towing a 32' trailer to the racetrack every weekend and I understand what ruslow is saying. I don't have the power of airbrakes at my disposal. And this is a lot of weight to stop with just a hydro brake setup so I try and keep my distance from the cars in front of me. But there are several occasions where some dickbag on his cell phone swerves in front of me brake checks me then acts like i'm doing something wrong. Also peope don't understand when you get to the bottom of a hill with a steep grade upwards coming up that the truck is attempting to get a run at the hill. This is where blade runner may have had his run in. It's a lot harder for a truck, or motorhome and trailer, for that instance to make it up a steep grade.
but it is sad someone died. I hate seeing people dying in car accidents because its so abrupt and unexpected. It's very sad.

+1 Try pulling a hill at 80,000 lbs and going downhill when it's wet to have just to stomp the brakes halfway down. Good way to jackknife that truck.

For the lady that died R.I.P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread