Don't discuss, just vote. The legalization of marijuana.

Legalize marijuana nationwide?

• No.

Votes: 96 20.0%
  • For medicinal use only

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • For medicinal and recreational use(alcohol laws)

Votes: 350 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Concur with most. Legalize and tax.
I think the issue is that it's relatively easy to grow, not that I've ever used or grown it. Can't be controlled like the tobacco market. Too many stoners with hydroponic systems in their attic and whatnot.

stangin99

Established Member
I say legalize it, and I've never smoked and never will(legal or not).

It creates an interesting problem though; what prevents a cartel from opening a legitimate store and selling it? You have to really regulate the supply lines as well.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
another vote for legalization and tax. The tax should be be a fair tax though, a really high and unreasonable tax would just encourage the continuation of the current underground market and all the activities around it, smuggling, killing etc.

Theres a reason theres no tobacco or whiskey underground.....

Once its a mass produced, regulated and distributed product, its not in 99% of the consumers interest to try to harvest it or procure it themselves.

Look at the tint tiny minority of hobbyist tobacco, moonshine and home beer breweries for example.

99% of marijuana users now would rather get it from a dispensary or gas station/supermarket than have to hassle with a dealer with price haggling and no product guarantee.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^actually there is an underground for alcohol and tobacco and I don't mean people with moonshine stills in woods, though that still goes on and law enforcement takes it seriously. I am talking about tobacco and booze bought outside the country at lower cost & tax and smuggled in. This also happens in states were the tax rate is lower, it varies wildly for tobacco, from a few cents to dollars. Example someone buys cigarettes in state where the tax is a few cents, then smuggles a truckload to NY. This is actually a much bigger problem with tobacco, probably costing many states billions in tax revenue lost. Granted most folks are going to obtain tobacco and alcohol thru legitimate means.

Last edited:

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Legalize it, regulate it, tax it, and profit from it. Treat it like alcohol, you drive under its influence, show up to work stoned, etc and you suffer the same consequences as being impaired by alcohol. Simple as that.

^ This.

Irb Digital

SVT Truth Enforcement
Established Member
It was the states decision...

Sent from my SCH-I535

IIRC, the poll was if it should be legalized nationally. I voted against this as I feel it's a state issue. It was late though, so my mind might have made the nationally part up, since I don't see that word in his OP

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
no way, I have seen the effects of weed on a relative first hand, close to a month in the hospital due to its ongoing effects, you can smoke too much and it has massive psychological effects that people do not understand. I would never wish that experience on anyone as it was extremely taxing on the family and most would not have made it through it without long term damage.

Medical may be o.k. but not until it is closely studied and examined for a long term period in clinical trials. I do not think people have spent enough time researching the effects of TLC on the brain. Not to mention its general damage to the a persons lungs.

And if you had asked me this same question last year I would say let them do it, two weeks later I would have said hell no. That's my experience.

Irb Digital

SVT Truth Enforcement
Established Member
Some people have adverse reactions to peanuts. We're all different. Just because a small minority has adverse effects, doesn't mean it should be outlawed for everyone. I like peanuts!

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I might even try it once I am out of the military if it is ever legal.

We could organize a SVTP ski trip in Denver or Calgary. :beer:

Legalize it. Tax it (fairly).

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Based on some of the comments in Planter's Colorado thread coupled with the results of this poll it means 75% of SVTPerf members some dope. :rollseyes

U.M.

I dont smoke but the added revenue could pay to reduce the debt

^^^actually there is an underground for alcohol and tobacco and I don't mean people with moonshine stills in woods, though that still goes on and law enforcement takes it seriously. I am talking about tobacco and booze bought outside the country at lower cost & tax and smuggled in. This also happens in states were the tax rate is lower, it varies wildly for tobacco, from a few cents to dollars. Example someone buys cigarettes in state where the tax is a few cents, then smuggles a truckload to NY. This is actually a much bigger problem with tobacco, probably costing many states billions in tax revenue lost. Granted most folks are going to obtain tobacco and alcohol thru legitimate means.

I buy cigs at the res on LI for 30 a carton and sell them for 1 dollar a cig in binghamton :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
no way, I have seen the effects of weed on a relative first hand, close to a month in the hospital due to its ongoing effects, you can smoke too much and it has massive psychological effects that people do not understand. I would never wish that experience on anyone as it was extremely taxing on the family and most would not have made it through it without long term damage.

Medical may be o.k. but not until it is closely studied and examined for a long term period in clinical trials. I do not think people have spent enough time researching the effects of TLC on the brain. Not to mention its general damage to the a persons lungs.

And if you had asked me this same question last year I would say let them do it, two weeks later I would have said hell no. That's my experience.

Its already been studied more than any other substance out there.

Your relative had a bad experience and from the sounds of it no different than the chances of someone having an allergic reaction. And like someone said, those sorts of side effects dont sound like straight marijuana, more like a laced substance. It can happen with anything. Like someone said peanuts can kill, but theyre still available for public consumption. Marijuana should be no different. Plus if you regulate it, you can avoid getting laced strains because the strains would go through thorough testing before hitting the rollers.

Satyr

Established Member

It's THC there, chief.

Dragu1a

Established Member
9F4720CD-0EE8-48DF-8D49-E251A02472A2-1111-000000C06C78432D.jpg

Dragu1a

Established Member
It's THC there, chief.

maybe he wanted to study long term dangers of tender loving care?

i don't care. they do? great. they don't? don't care, i don't smoke anyways. i think it'd be too hard to regulate it. if they legalize it, why wouldn't you grow your own? it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than constantly buying it and wouldn't be any more illegal than somebody brewing their own beers.

Planter

Banned
no. not only no but hell no.

Some people have adverse reactions to peanuts. We're all different. Just because a small minority has adverse effects, doesn't mean it should be outlawed for everyone. I like peanuts!

there's a difference between "allergic reaction" and severe psychological effects.

to me it sounds like it was probably laced with something more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread