Votes: 18 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I love the all-inclusive Punta Cana resorts. I had planned on returning this summer.

But, if tainted alcohol is the going theory, it is worth pausing. After all, the free booze at the all-inclusives will be generic and bought in quantity.

Klay

Established Member
Well it was nice knowing you. How do we apply for soon to be new mod position?

Haha all kidding aside, I definitely understand why you wouldnt want cancel everything. Besides costing you at least $300, there's all the time you need to spend to plan it somewhere else.

While I'm personally not big on vacationing in third world countries, millions of people do it with no issues. You're right, the odds are low of anything happening. My guess is the authorities there will be on high alert. So you may be safer as crazy as that sounds.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been to the Dominican Republic/Punta Cana 3 times and stayed at 5 star resorts every time. I'll never go back after all the mysterious deaths in such a short time. I really have no desire to leave the United States anytime soon. Our country has plenty of national parks, with the most amazing sights in the world, that I'd love to see before visiting other countries. Also, if I want another tropical vacation, I'll gladly head back to Key West.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
There was just a reddit post about going there, and countless folks were went in the last 2 months who also got sick there.

Some were leaning more towards the pesticide theory. A few said their room has a chemical smell and at least one said they did see mold in their room. Almost sounds like they are chemical bombing rooms between customers. One person said they felt fine for 3 nights and then woke up feeling like shit, both him and his girl, so they came home 2 days early. <--- That's the kind of thing you don't see in the media. Was that chemicals in the room, pesticides outside their room or bootleg liquor? Who knows.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I mean, what's the appeal of the DR in the first place? If you just want a nice beach with an all inclusive resort, there are tons of much nicer places in the Caribbean for that.

When the wife and I went around 16 years ago the appeal was a nice all inclusive that was pretty cheap. Not sure if that is still the case.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I mean, what's the appeal of the DR in the first place? If you just want a nice beach with an all inclusive resort, there are tons of much nicer places in the Caribbean for that.

I find their sand is the best. lol
I like the place 3 years ago so we decided to go back.
The Money isn't a real issue. The pain in the ass of rebooking multiple couples to another resort elsewhere in 3 weeks is the issue.
We get a full room refund and the airline charges $150 each to change the flight. We just have to find a place that the airline services and that has places available last minute.

Personally I think they should be bending over backwards now to make sure nothing else goes wrong.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

CV355

_
Established Member
Wow, I'm actually rather surprised the majority is saying no.

You guys do drive cars... on the road... right?

It's like when the DC sniper situation was going on. 17 people were killed over a 7 month span. That same span claimed the lives of 18,700 on roadways in the US. Everyone avoided DC but still drove around like there's no risk. That's like not going outside because you might get struck by lightning, but playing Russian Roulette now and then.

Which headline gets your attention:
32,000 die each year in motor vehicle accidents
or
15 die in rabid shark-midget hybrid experiment gone wrong, says blind quadriplegic scientist

Don't let the news dictate your life- statistical anomalies make headlines and cause stirs.

Blown 89

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it....just make sure I'm the sole beneficiary on your will before you go please.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

I asked elsewhere, and was told cost is the main issue. Seems the DR is the walmart of all inclusives for broke americans. No offense to anyone who likes it there. I shop at Walmart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread