Domestic terrorism bombing prevented

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The intended harm

I could see that being a stickler in the courts as the suspect said he didn't want to kill anyone, but he'd accept some casualties for the greater good. Not that it makes it even remotely acceptable. The article, to me, just made it sound like he wanted to cripple financial systems and not hurt people.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Loose lips sink ships. Why do these people always divulge info to strangers who turn out to be law enforcement?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Life sentence definitely. I don't think the death penalty will be on the table, but I agree that it should be.

Maximum sentence for what he was charged with so far is 20 years.

Loose lips sink ships. Why do these people always divulge info to strangers who turn out to be law enforcement?

Right, like the people trying to hire someone to kill their wife/husband and are surprised the Craigslist hit-man is a Fed... derp

coposrv

Established Member
Hope it's not another case where the FBI helped enable him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
Absolutely. The intended harm should be enough to put this dude down.

Was gonna ask if we're sure we want to start sentencing based on intent. Then I realized we already do.

Carry on. I'll go sit in the corner.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Was gonna ask if we're sure we want to start sentencing based on intent. Then I realized we already do.

Carry on. I'll go sit in the corner.

So if I break into your house and attempt to shoot you but my gun jams, you would want me to and I would be charged with attempted murder, correct? Just because something chance prevented my intended outcome shouldn't change my sentencing. There's no guesswork here.

Users who are viewing this thread