Doing headstuds on my 6.0, what else should I install?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
yes sir, alot more to remove on the excursion for a cab off, from what i've seen it's easier to just pull the motor on those.

I thought about pulling the motor on my truck and then thought about having to torque the studs to 210 lb-ft and said screw that without the engine bolted down in the frame.

03cobraaa

Established Member
There Is a way to install gaskets and studs without removing the cab or motor but never have attempted it. Pulling the cab takes about 5 hours if you know what your doing on them.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
There Is a way to install gaskets and studs without removing the cab or motor but never have attempted it. Pulling the cab takes about 5 hours if you know what your doing on them.

Doing it for the first time my worker and me(mainly my worker) had quite a bit less than 5 hours into pulling the cab. Now that we have done one I don't see why we couldn't get one in the air in about 2 hours if we could work on it without interuption.

Guys have done them with the cab on and the motor in the truck but screw that. If you have the equipment to do it, pulling the cab is the only way to fly in my opinion.
There is a reason why people pull the cab and it isn't because it is fun to do. It's the easiest way to do the job.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

No it doesn't. It takes techs about 90 minutes IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread