Doing a turbo/nitrous build this winter.. Twisted Wedge 2v heads or 4v?

2000_GT_stang

Established Member
Hey guys I currently have a 2000 GT I thought about selling it and buying a termi but i think either way id like to go turbo and SRA is a better base. This build will be taking place probably around jan but i like to plan. I have had a few GMs around 1000 whp(2 fbodys,z06, and a gto) and this car has just been my low hp fun car but i think it would be interesting building a mod motor. So being a GM guy i will need some advice throughout the build.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...il-2000-mustang-gt-alot-mods-03-04-coupe.html

That is my for sale add with all my mods(rear suspension and sub frame connecters will be finished also) I plan on running a 76mm or possibly bigger on a mmr 5.0 stroker rotating assembly and possibly the FAST XFI.

I would like to make around 750 rwhp on 20-22 psi on 93/meth and 1000+ rwhp on c16 and nitrous will just be insurance.

However i have a few things i cant make up my mind with... The main thing is to go with the TFS twisted wedge heads or to try and do a 4v swap? some people say its not worth the hassle after doing heavy porting on TFS but either way id have th 4v heads also heavily ported. Also im not sure whether i should go with a built TKO or a built T56?

Any opinions and small tips or ideas you guys may have that would change my build will all be apprieciated, I am just looking to do it right the first time around.. ive failed to do that before and boy is that a money pit.

Thanks for your time,
Tyler

DailyDriver

Established Member
Hey guys I currently have a 2000 GT I thought about selling it and buying a termi but i think either way id like to go turbo and SRA is a better base. This build will be taking place probably around jan but i like to plan. I have had a few GMs around 1000 whp(2 fbodys,z06, and a gto) and this car has just been my low hp fun car but i think it would be interesting building a mod motor. So being a GM guy i will need some advice throughout the build.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...il-2000-mustang-gt-alot-mods-03-04-coupe.html

That is my for sale add with all my mods(rear suspension and sub frame connecters will be finished also) I plan on running a 76mm or possibly bigger on a mmr 5.0 stroker rotating assembly and possibly the FAST XFI.

I would like to make around 750 rwhp on 20-22 psi on 93/meth and 1000+ rwhp on c16 and nitrous will just be insurance.

However i have a few things i cant make up my mind with... The main thing is to go with the TFS twisted wedge heads or to try and do a 4v swap? some people say its not worth the hassle after doing heavy porting on TFS but either way id have th 4v heads also heavily ported. Also im not sure whether i should go with a built TKO or a built T56?

Any opinions and small tips or ideas you guys may have that would change my build will all be apprieciated, I am just looking to do it right the first time around.. ive failed to do that before and boy is that a money pit.

Thanks for your time,
Tyler

If your really looking to do a built car with 750hp to the wheels which is 880 something at the crank. Your better off with an Auto in there just easyier to get the power to the ground and quicker ET's. unless its just a nasty street car then do what you want. chossing 2v or 4v is up to you they can really make the same power and some say 2v heads make more on the same setups as 4v heads. But 4v builds get very pricy

2000_GT_stang

Established Member
If your really looking to do a built car with 750hp to the wheels which is 880 something at the crank. Your better off with an Auto in there just easyier to get the power to the ground and quicker ET's. unless its just a nasty street car then do what you want. chossing 2v or 4v is up to you they can really make the same power and some say 2v heads make more on the same setups as 4v heads. But 4v builds get very pricy

It will be more a roll race car. The only event I make sure I make every year is te TX2K events each march in Houston, TX it will see the drag strip some times but most highway and roll race events. And I've heard the 4v swaps are very pricey that's why I'm tossing away the idea of a 2v because if I had to I could just run a little bit bigger huffer with the 2v if the 4v gains aren't off the charts.

DailyDriver

Established Member
It will be more a roll race car. The only event I make sure I make every year is te TX2K events each march in Houston, TX it will see the drag strip some times but most highway and roll race events. And I've heard the 4v swaps are very pricey that's why I'm tossing away the idea of a 2v because if I had to I could just run a little bit bigger huffer with the 2v if the 4v gains aren't off the charts.

Ok well if your driving it alot like twice a week go with an auto. A race clutch in a mustang gets old real quick even in light traffic. 4R70W can take 1000lb/tq and are 4 speed OD. And should have no problem roll racing with it. An i think youll love being in boost from 0-150 and just being sucked into the back of the seat.

I see you have 3.73 gears you might want to come down to a 3.08. Since your gonna run out of gear before the quarter mile. 750hp should have you in the low 9s with mph over 140 and 3.73 runout at 135 mph with a 28"tall tire at 6000rpm. A 3.08 will be good to 160 that should get you to mid 8s if you ever make 1000hp

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Trick flow 2v heads, edelbrock manifold, return style fuel system, built motor with high compression, a nice set of cams and a 76mm turbo would be a nice combo. Run that on e85 as well. A built T56 or a built auto would be the way to go.

Mike@TF

Established Member
My car actually is going to have a setup just like this..t actually should be completed in 2 months....its easier to go 4v though..u dont need hogged out ported 4v heads to make power or cams...stock cams and heads do 1000rwhp all the time..just throw some good springs and retainers and ur good...then stock 99/01 cobra intake and ur good to go..(still need timing stuff) but its not expensive really at all..u can find stock c heads for 500..stock cames go cheap..good springs cost a little more than 2v comp springs of course..

My build is 10:5:1,fox lake trickflows,custom cams,custom turbo kit, comp turbo ct5x 8084mm,darrin built bc auto 4r70w,fore dual 405 return setup,logan intake,nitrous outlet under the intake direct port setup(150), etc etc..full interior,all acc and all..

Users who are viewing this thread