Dog Bite Advice

canibus

Established Member
wait so you're trying to get money for what? your kid got bit, make a complaint and maybe they'll euthenise the dog. Make the owner pay for doctor bills. Worry about your child. Be happy he's ok, why does everything turn into an opportunity for cash.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
If a dog bit one of my kids I would personally see to it that it was killed.

Are you saying that you feel that you should get more than your out of pocket expenses in compensation?

what if your kid bit the neighbors dog???

king nothing

Established Member
What's ignorant is the fact that the dog is still walking around and breathing. If my dog ever bites my little girl, it's going away. I love my dogs and have bred and trained nearly 30 of them but it's a problem when they attack people.... you know.
thats all well and good, but dont be a little bitch and throw poisoned meat over the fence. handle it like a man and shoot the thing..... or are you afraid there will be consequences. And Ive also had to put a dog down that bit. I did. If someone else had taken that into their own hands they would have been on the recieving end of 4 broken limbs.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
thats all well and good, but dont be a little bitch and throw poisoned meat over the fence. handle it like a man and shoot the thing..... or are you afraid there will be consequences. And Ive also had to put a dog down that bit. I did. If someone else had taken that into their own hands they would have been on the recieving end of 4 broken limbs.

Not to familiar with sarcasm eh? Pull the stick out your ass, you might find it.:rolling:

I'm a pretty good ways away from you....

But is there not some sort of leash law in your state? Or at least where the animal has to be in a properly fenced in area?

We had a case last week where an officer was chasing a robbery suspect through a back yard and the dog broke the leash that he was on and bit the officer on the calf.
Not only will the dog owner be fined....but the dog will more than likely put down. It was a pit bull and considered vicious by nature.

I'm not aware of any cases where a child was bitten and there weren't severe actions taken by the authorities to have the animal permanently removed.

I skimmed the thread so I can only assume that the child is old enough to be off by himself? That being said... it very well could have long lasting psychological affects to where he needs counseling...to which the neighbor should be responsible. If indeed you do consider legal proceedings....make sure you ask that the judge make the owner responsible for future counseling that could be required as a result of the trauma.

I am an animal lover....but if it had been my child....the dog would have mysteriously disappeared....

Good luck!
HPC

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I agree with whoever told them that you want the guy to put in some sort of fence, otherwise you'll sue. The problem with the invisible fence is that some dogs don't get bothered by it after awhile. A neighbor of mine put one in because their husky kept jumping their fence (not a short fence, this dog was a god damn escape artist), and after awhile, the dog didn't get bothered by the invisible fence anymore and went for a walk. A real fence that's taller than how high the dog can jump is the only way. If they refuse, sue them, and any money you get out of it set aside for your son, maybe invest for him or something, and when he reaches 16 or 17, let him use it for a car, or college, or whatever his little heart desires.

Edit: +1 on the psychologist visits being covered by the dog owner if your son develops a dog phobia as a result of this.

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I bet you'd be sinngin a different song if it bit your kid in the face or went after an even smaller child. Dogs that bite kids should be put down... End of story... If the owned doesnt want to do that, then make a case out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread