Does your Steeda exhaust gurgle

Fleck 5

Established Member
Does your Steeda cat back exhaust make a gurgle sound when you let off the gas. After the first week of owning the exhaust, I noticed that it makes a gurgling sound from the back pressure. I had the shop check the exhaust for leaks and they said it is ok. Are any of you guys having this with your Steeda cat back? Is this normal?

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
I have the Borla 14858 (same thing) and yes it burbles on decel, not crazy about it either, but it's not obnoxious.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What you're describing is normal. This "gurgling" is louder and more pronounced on some catbacks vs. others. I remember it was much louder with my Magnaflow catback. Hope this helps.

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
I have that system and yes it does that a little. It is louder/quieter depending on which pipe you are running before this setup. When I had a Magnaflow catted-X pipe it gurgled louder than the Mac Pro-Chamber that I run now. Strangly enough since the Pro Chamber has no cats.

RJCobra

Established Member
Fleck 5 said:
Does your Steeda cat back exhaust make a gurgle sound when you let off the gas. After the first week of owning the exhaust, I noticed that it makes a gurgling sound from the back pressure. I had the shop check the exhaust for leaks and they said it is ok. Are any of you guys having this with your Steeda cat back? Is this normal?

Mine does it also.

micksnip

Established Member
gurgle

Gurgle is nice. I'm ready to put my Borla Stingers on this weekend, and I look forward to the gurgle. I had a built 67 Nova SS w/a small block, headers, 14" G60 tires, 4:11 gears, Walker Blue Swingers Glasspacks(now I'm really dating myself), and full pipes all the way back. Well, it sounded like small arms automatic weapon fire if you got on it and backed off! Or like a baseball playing card clothespinned to your bike fork hitting the spokes-amplified 1000X-real classy. Neighbors and I were not really on the best terms back then when I was 20. But now at 50, Stingers-the new, more mature me. Micksnip

Fleck 5

Established Member
I like the way it sounds, I am just making sure there is nothing wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread