DOES X PIPE REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN POWER??

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Hey guys, I am debating the x pipe right now. I dont care about the sound of my car I am only looking for power. Is an x pipe a waste of $500?? Does it help the car pull significantly harder?? Thanks!!

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
Hey guys, I am debating the x pipe right now. I dont care about the sound of my car I am only looking for power. Is an x pipe a waste of $500?? Does it help the car pull significantly harder?? Thanks!!

Anyone? Anyone?

I'll let you! I have a cat'd X-pipe, and cat-back comin'. All Basanni. :) I'm lookin' forward to their mid-length header offering. I THINK it's supposed to bolt up to the X-pipe.

jeffhou

Established Member
Have to say yes, much better power vs. h-pipe or any other setup on my lighting. Without longtubes the x-pipe was the only way to Make HP in the L. It did wonders for my friends 95 GT. Probably good for 15 hp. I wouldn't miss out on it. (actually Im not, because my Magnaflow X and Catback shipped today :rolling: )

StangD281

Established Member
If it adds the RWHP to the '03 like it did to my GT, then you are in for a treat! Pulls hard all the way to redline. It sounds cool too ;-)

finally

Established Member
Other than cost, what other effects does not running an X-pipe with cats have? I assume it is louder, but any effects on emmisions control or the computer?

Smrgol

You didn't hear this from me but there is an anti-smog-Nazi x-pipe out there from Bassani. The cats are removeable with hand tools in case they need to be -winkwink- serviced. The kit comes with two straight pieces to -winkwink- temporarily take the place of the cats while -winkwink- replacements are obtained.

I just had the kit put on my car. I think my cats need to come off for inspection. Inspection might take...oh...months. We'll see. Thank god those temp pipe sections are there :).

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by finally
Other than cost, what other effects does not running an X-pipe with cats have? I assume it is louder, but any effects on emmisions control or the computer?

It smells like crap, you need MIL eliminators to shut off your check engine light, you gain more HP due to increased flow, it louder, and you are polluting the air probably 10 fold.

Smrgol

Originally posted by finally

You'll need MIL eliminators or a chip to turn off the SES light that results from the two downstream O2 sensors. These are used by the PCM to monitor the health of the cats. MIL eliminators replace the sensors and simply supply the proper voltage the PCM expects. I'm not sure what exactly a chip does but it results in the same thing, no SES.

gud2goe

Established Member
keep the cats....your going to need them sooner or later....
go with the h-pipe...it gives you more low end torque as oposed to top end speed from the x.....
but of course who am i?

Blades

Established Member
03cobradynostock.jpg

before

03cobradynoexhaust.jpg

after (running pretty hot too)

im pretty happy with my x pipe and catback..

eddy z

Established Member
i just installed x pipe w/ cats only.. stock cat back still.. Noticed a gain.. I had a post eariler on my review as well..

Users who are viewing this thread